Author Topic: Predictions?  (Read 10304 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Predictions?
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »
Okay Guin fans. Biggest weekend of the year to be a Penguin lover!

Second biggest FB game of the year against the Bison (still looking for free internet video for us).
Baksetball opens vs Samford.
Lady Pens open vs ranked WVa. (espn3 coverage), then a 1-day layover to play at IPFW.
Cross Country now ranked 52 and running in regional this weekend.
How about that diver Casey Hill? What a performer.

Let's here some predictions:
FB score will not be close ..one team will win big. Hopefully guins O over Bison D. YSU 38 NDSU 17
Basketball will struggle early & cruise convincingly ...74-52.
Lady Pens go 2-0 ..WVa lost all starters from last year's team.
Lady Pens CC finished between 10-15 for their best finish in school history.
Casey Hill sweeps both springboards for the 4th straight time.

WoooWooo Guinnies !!!!!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »
Ok, I'll go along with most of that except the fb game I think it will be close ( 7 or less ) either way.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
Fan:

I think you are dreaming! North Dokata State's defense is extremel good and should hold our offense. Many things could happen during the game ie. a turn over at a crucial time or a penality. Somehow we find a way to lose.

NDSU 27  YSU 21; I would love to be wrong and we pull off a big upset! 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
I think our team speed will be on display.  We'll see.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:05:50 AM »
Fan:

I think you are dreaming! North Dokata State's defense is extremel good and should hold our offense. Many things could happen during the game ie. a turn over at a crucial time or a penality. Somehow we find a way to lose.

NDSU 27  YSU 21; I would love to be wrong and we pull off a big upset!

If that is the case, then the score will be just the opposite of what I predicted. We lose by at least 2-td's. I just do not see a close one here.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:07:33 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
I think that it will be close because we have proven that we can play with anyone and, at the same time, the home team wins 80% of its games in this conference (as of 2010).  This is just opinion and I have no facts to back this up, but I think there is no real noticeable difference between UNI's defense and NDSU's.  Perhaps UNI is a little faster and gives up some size in the secondary.  UNI plays a pro style offense and it played into NDSU's game plan.  NDSU may have more of a challenge against us, because of our hybrid spread.  I think our team speed will make a difference, and I think we have a better offense than UNI. I think the speed on our O is better than the speed on UNI's O and this will present more of a challenge to NDSU.  I am not sure what to call our offense.  We don't really run out of an eye and we show the read to the Half Back, and we keep the pass option open at all times. At the end of the day, they are at home and really haven't made too many mistakes this year.  They kind of remind me of the Tressel coached teams where they don't have one superstar and they are solid in all phases and play field position.  It is going to be tough and they will find a way to keep it close if they are having issues with our O.

I think it will be a similar game to the game we played at UNI.  I would like to see the coaches will vary the tempo of the game a little more.  It would be nice to play keep away and chew up the clock, but throw in some quick snaps at times to catch the defense off guard.  I also think we will take some shots vertically and try to open up the box, because I think that they will try to shut down our running game.  I think NDSU will be hell bent on pressuring the QB and they will send several different blitz packages and throw different looks at us defensively.

NDSU is hurting at receiver and this may help our young secondary, however, it is time for them to come around.

I think it will be close because they are at home, but we are a team on the rise and IF the kids play each snap of the game to the best of their abilities we should come out of there with a win in a close game.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:05:27 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Usually in the course of a season, every team, no matter how talented, has one game in which things go wrong and the team must struggle to overcome adversity.  So far, NDSU has not had such a game.  Perhaps today will be their turn.  They have turned the ball over very few times and our defense can't seem to force any.  Perhaps this is the day that logic will fade and the unreasonable happens.

I certainly hope that the offense lays it all on the line.  Be creative, be crazy, what have we got to lose?  As penguinpower noted, NDSU is very good but not as fast as UNI.  This should be a better physical matchup for us, as long as we can hold on to the ball and refrain from giving gifts on special teams.

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
Okay Guin fans. Biggest weekend of the year to be a Penguin lover!

Second biggest FB game of the year against the Bison (still looking for free internet video for us).
Looks like there may be one here: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/17214/1/youngstown-state-vs-north-dakota-state.html
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
Thanks Bear I will give it a try. Have you ever used it previously?

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
Did you get it to work?  It was a bust for me, ended up buying the $9.95 package over in Bison land. 

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
didnt work for me, downloaded the update and still said i was out of date

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 09:36:09 PM »
Got that same message, but I was able to watch some of the U of Kentucky game when I tried it earlier in the day.  Kept telling me the feed was unavailable for our game. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
Did you get it to work?  It was a bust for me, ended up buying the $9.95 package over in Bison land.

Yes same with me. DO NOT forget to cancel. It automatically renews Bear.

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »
First thing I did after switching over to listen to the post-game audio.  Thanks though.