Author Topic: T.V.  (Read 8320 times)

Offline YSURON

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
T.V.
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
Is sat. game being broadcast on local T.V.?

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: T.V.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
Is sat. game being broadcast on local T.V.?

I'd like to see MyYTV "replay these games on Tuesday or Wednesday nights at 9pm.......instead of rebroadcasting them later on Saturday at 10 pm.....when they have to compete against the Oklahoma vs Florida State game on ABC.....and the plethora of "other" interesting.....National games.....that are just finishing up that are served up by the "family" of ESPN networks.

Sunday mornings.....which MYyTV.....is also using as a time slot.....is equally bad.

After 10-11am is for pro- football.

Replay the games when there is no competition. Advertise it as so......get eyes to the product (Tuesday/Wed)....when you have no competition. Get people excited about YSU football.

I'm sure Ron Strollo and Coach Love......have been requesting this commomn sense approach to the local media.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:14:24 PM by Pizza »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:18:54 PM »
YSURON,

To answer your question, yes.  WFMJ also owns the CW network channel in Youngstown (WBCB), and that channel will carry the game.  It is channel number 14 on Time-Warner cable or 21-2 if you can receive over the air signals with your digital television.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
YSURON,

To answer your question, yes.  WFMJ also owns the CW network channel in Youngstown (WBCB), and that channel will carry the game.  It is channel number 14 on Time-Warner cable or 21-2 if you can receive over the air signals with your digital television.

No comment......on my comment?

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
YSURON,

I have TWC and don't see it in the listing Sat. on Ch 14, is it a live broadcast? What channel is MyYTV?

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
It is supposed to be telecast live on TWC ch 14 on Sat. It might be they just haven't updated their listings yet.

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
It supposedly will be online too....

http://www.valley-football.org/multimedia/live/

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »
Pizza,

Since you insist upon feedback, here is mine.  This is a non-issue.  I suspect just about everybody owns a dvr or at least a vcr.  Push a button, save the game, and watch it whenever you like.  Perhaps that is just me, but I never watch any television program (except for live sports) at the time it is broadcast.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
Agreed.

But you would be shocked at how many people do not have DVR's. And even more shocked by people who don't even have cable TV. Granted, those folks aren't our target market.....but with that said, "why make it harder to watch a YSU "replay" than it already is? Why ignore any market? We are in a Y-town economy after all. Every seat, every body....can make a difference.

Lay the "product" out on the plate.......for everyone to see.....like they do at fine restaurants. I've eaten more desserts than I ever wanted too, because the presentation was efficient and timely (right after dinner), and was stuck right in my face......I couldn't ignore it...Nor did I have to "look" for it.

Basic marketing stuff here guys. Basic stuff.

Maybe the local networks aren't working with us.

Maybe they'd rather show a Gerry Springer re-run on Wednesday night.....I dunno.

And if the networks get bigger ratings with a 4 year-old Springer re-run (or some other silly "mindless" TV show) on Wednesday night, .....than a well advertised YSU Football game........well then that tells you how far our society has fallen.

Just asking a legit question.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:30:10 PM by Pizza »

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »
i think it is silly to re-play the games days after....

i watch the away games on myytv without knowing the outcome..its great...

i will also tape it and watch Sunday morning if i don't get a chance to view on Saturday...would be impossible to watch game without knowing the outcome 3 days later...

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »
My best observation on this topic would be to replay the game atleast twice.  Once on game night would work well (dvr option available).  And then replay the game another night during the week possibly right after the coach's show on Wednesday nights. 

Z

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
i think it is silly to re-play the games days after....

i watch the away games on myytv without knowing the outcome..its great...

i will also tape it and watch Sunday morning if i don't get a chance to view on Saturday...would be impossible to watch game without knowing the outcome 3 days later...

I don't know if I agree on that. I would like to see all the games be "on-demand" as part of the local programming package. The OSU used to do that, but the Big-10 network brought that to an end. One of the reasons you put the game on later, rather than sooner, is to encourage people to go to the game. Yet being a smaller college we have to be happy to have any kind of coverage at all.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
Here is a Penguins fan guide to follow all the Youngstown State football action on Saturday when they visit Indiana State. Kickoff for the televised, in-game blogged, webcast and radio broadcasted game is set for 2:05 p.m.

For those staying in Youngstown, the contest is on TV on the WBCB "The CW". Armstrong Cable customers can watch the game on Channel 16 while Time Warner subscribers can see the game on Channel 14.

To watch live for free on the internet visit the Valley Live page at: http://www.valley-football.org/multimedia/live/

Indiana State will provide live stats for all fans.

The YSU Sports Information staff will provide on-site blogging updates once again. Fans are encouraged to participate by clicking here.

NewsTalk WKBN 570 AM will have its pregame coverage starting at 1:30 p.m. and at 2 o'clock Bob Hannon (play-by-play), Ed Muransky (analysis), Zach Humphries (sidelines) and Mike Orto  (engineer) will have all the in-game action covered.

Follow @YSUsports on twitter for free up-to-the-minute information on the game.