Author Topic: 4:00 starting time  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
4:00 starting time
« on: September 04, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »
I would be in the stands if we kicked off at 3:00 in the morning, but does anybody else feel that the 4pm starting time for September games is absurd?  People here are conditioned by high school games for evening football, at least during warm weather.  These 4pm starts are going to cost us at least 2,000 per game.  Fifteen to twenty years ago, the athletic department sent a survey to season ticket holders asking their preferences for starting times.  I recall that the overwhelming response was for a 7pm kickoff in September to mid-October, followed by 1pm later in the year.  4pm had no support whatsoever.  If anybody thinks that 4pm is a good time, please give me your reasons.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 4:00 starting time
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »
Sure can.  Big Ten games and most MAC start at noon or 1 pm.  Most major tv games start at 8PM.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
Don't care what the starting time is, just wish that every game had the same start.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:54:02 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
Elpenguin,

On the Sports Network site, most Ohio State games are still listed as TBA.  Doesn't Ohio State usually play important Big Ten games at 3:30?  That is my main concern.  As far as the so-called fans who sit on their couch and watch Florida or Alabama at 8pm on Saturdays, they ain't coming to Stambaugh anyway.

Offline petepossy

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »
Hey guys after a long time away from the board due to several reasons I’m back. I noticed there are only two start times 4pm and 1pm personally I would like to see every game played under the lights except for November games as I think that is a much better feel. I think early games conflict with anything else you are trying to do as a family during the day.

On a side note has anyone noticed there are very few ticket deals this season?  Other than the two ticket deals in September I see nothing else on the promotions schedule.  In the past every game had a deal.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
Wick, the Buckeyes home games have been noon kick-off my entire life. With Tressel's success, the big games began to change things a bit ...but not much. It would be interesting to compare the two schedules for 2011.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »
4:00 pm starts won't be hurt by high school football.  Very few high school games on Saturdays with the exception of the Universities of Mooney and Ursuline.  And if we are at home (YSU), then they can't be playing there too.

I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
I wonder if it is an expense thing for the 4 oclock start...as a 2O+ year vet ..i like the 6 or 7 during the first few games.. hopefully we dont have 90+ weather for the first few it does get a little hot for us on the pavement as well as the team!
A Penguin for life!!!