Author Topic: Post-Game Thoughts?  (Read 16653 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Post-Game Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
I really could not find anything in the press. His post-game was very flattering actually. I know that he came to YSU a couple of times when recruiting. He has seen the new offices and pictures of his father. We did handle things poorly back then. The man 'knocked on doors' for funds to build the "ice castle". I have enormous respect for him. Look at how many associate AD's we and other schools have.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
The kid was 18 or 19 when we fired his father.  His father was indeed suffering from cancer, and the family undoubtedly feels that the stress deteriorated his health further.  He died within a few years, I believe.  So it is perfectly natural for this guy to remain bitter.  Bottom line: his father failed to move a successful D2 program up the IAA ladder, despite having a state-of-the-art new stadium.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
Those Italians can sure hold a grudge ;)

+1
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
Does anyone know the injury report from the Michigan State game?

I saw Ekweremuba make a great play early on in the game , but did not see him return. What is his status?

The defensive did a great job on the MSU running attack, but was very porous against the passing attack. Ekweremuba is a force on applying pressure to the QB. I also saw Pat White get injuried and didn't see him back into the game. He did miss a pass thrown right into his hands.

All in all the team looked better than at the Penn state game last year, so YSU should have a cake walk against Valpo. YSU 45 - Valpo 7   

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 08:45:52 PM »
The kid was 18 or 19 when we fired his father.  His father was indeed suffering from cancer, and the family undoubtedly feels that the stress deteriorated his health further.  He died within a few years, I believe.  So it is perfectly natural for this guy to remain bitter.  Bottom line: his father failed to move a successful D2 program up the IAA ladder, despite having a state-of-the-art new stadium.

I could understand him being bitter as a young man and shortly after his dad's death, but if he is still bitter now then either something went on that most of us are not aware of or he has a problem.

Coaching is a business, produce or move on.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »

I saw Ekweremuba make a great play early on in the game , but did not see him return. What is his status?

The defensive did a great job on the MSU running attack, but was very porous against the passing attack. Ekweremuba is a force on applying pressure to the QB. I also saw Pat White get injuried and didn't see him back into the game. He did miss a pass thrown right into his hands.

All in all the team looked better than at the Penn state game last year, so YSU should have a cake walk against Valpo. YSU 45 - Valpo 7   

Did not hear anything about Ekweremuba being injured during the game or anything since + he's listed as the starter vs Valpo??

YSU 45-7 sounds about right after the 1st qtr.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:32:17 AM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
No mentions on the front lines. I am not sure how good MSU is, but we sure stood them up most of that game, but we did not rotate as much as I expected. So that makes it even more impressive.

Hess still looks young ...need to see him against people at our level. He needs to play complete games. Pattern passes do not mean blind throws. Throwing into open space is always a bad idea. If you cannot find anyone opened ...throw it into the stands.

Red zone offense was unable to produce. Again need to see them in the MVFC to tell.

MSU's QB just new where to throw and at times we were helpless. However, we really were staying close up for the run. So much of that could have been coverage calls.

We need to give as many experience players as possible out on the field, but this weekend we should be able to play everyone we want.

Darn excited right now. I took a day off work to leave early. GO GUINS!!!!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »

Ekweremuba is listed as starting on the 2-deep.

Pat White is second at one WR spot.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
Thanks happyPenguin and Fan for the update on the injury list.

This game should allow everyone on the team to see some time on the field and allow us to try some new play patterns.

GO YSU ;)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
Thanks happyPenguin and Fan for the update on the injury list.

This game should allow everyone on the team to see some time on the field and allow us to try some new play patterns.

GO YSU ;)

LOL!! I'm invisible  :P Posted this before Happy and Fan  :o

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »
Coach said Pat White is out until after the open date which is 10/1, Kevin Watts will be out this week.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
My apologies ysubigred, yes I did read your injury reply. This board is excellent replying to members questions!! Now I must thank the Italian Penguin for the most recent update. Also thanks for anyone with further updates.