Author Topic: depth chart  (Read 4250 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
depth chart
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
Any guesses on the depth chart, or at least starters? Here are the ones I saw working on #1 the most. Granted there are injuries & a lot of starters played on 2 & 3 ...

Offense
1 Andre Barboza WR
2 Christian Bryan WR
6 Jelani Berassa WR
12 Kurt Hess QB
13 David Rogers TE
35 Jamain Cooke RB
66 Chris Elkins OG
72 Andrew Radakovich OT
75 Eric Franklin OT
76 Mark Pratt C
77 DJ Main OT

Defense
1 Josh Garner FS
2 Devont'a Davis CB
90 Obinna Ekweremuba DE
94 Andre Stanton DT
44 Andrew Johnson DT
92 Luis Quinones DE
11 Davion Rogers LB
53 John Sasson LB
10 Josh Lee SS
4 Travis Williams LB
5 Deonta Tate LB

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: depth chart
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »
Josh Lee is going to have a big year!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:58:22 PM »
I'm really getting concerned about the number of injuries that we are sustaining during this camp.  Since I have perfect confidence in the ability of Mike Cochran as strength/conditioning coach, I will attribute the damage to players fighting very hard to secure their position.

As far as starters go, I was impressed by the comments of one of our assistants this week who downplayed starting and insisted that he was looking for "finishers."  I expect about eight people to shuffle in and out on the d-line, unless four start to really emerge from the pack.  Same thing at wideout.  Don't forget to include Disher in that group if he recovers from his injuries in a timely fashion. 

Remember that we start league play early this year: the third week after two weeks of being the "punishee" and then the "punisher."  The Illinois State game is the real deadline for getting all of our players back and healthy.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »
I would assume Maddy is the starter, which is why Radakovich was at guard. The one to take notice on is QB Nania. He took lots of reps. I would hope we will red-shirt him to get a solid gap between he an Hess. Looks like Rach did not pass his summer class & will sit for 2011. Shaw is doing well. I understand D'Alesio will be healthy by start. We could have a battle at safety.