Author Topic: YSU offers Indy Roncalli's Ryan Weber (Mens Basketball)  (Read 16687 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU offers Indy Roncalli's Ryan Weber (Mens Basketball)
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/KyleNeddenriep

6-7 small forward - senior

been waiting for a long time for YSU to get invovled with some Indy kids.

Will dig deeper later, wanted to get this out there.  I believe team reached final 8 in Indy 3A last year, now moving up to 4A this year.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU offers Indy Roncalli's Ryan Weber (Mens Basketball)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
nice info
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:57:18 PM »
Indy--hope he doesn't make his decision based on other sports options in the city of choice. BU's arena is a few blocks from Fenway Park. Ours is a few blocks from Wick Park.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:57:51 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Big D

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »
6'7/2012/SG/Zach Grossenbacher holds offers from Gardner Webb, Stetson, UNC-Greensboro, YSU, Wofford, Fairfield and Morehead State.

http://twitter.com/#!/highmajorscoop/status/101075728845651968

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »
Rivals reporting YSU has offerred 6-8 wing Derek Reese of Orlando (FL) Olympia high school.

Hometown Central Florida has offerred along with James Madison, Murray State, Rider, Florida Gulf Coast, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville and North Florida. 

A story from October has him listed as a 6-5 ball handling wing - apparently he has grown.  Seems like UCF is the favorite right now.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/highmajorscoop highmajorscoop reporting YSU has offered 6-3 wing Jordy Barham of University School in Cleveland

highmajorscoop Chas Wolfe
6-foot-3/WG/Jordy Barham has offers from: Lehigh, Davidson,Boston,Holy Cross, JMU, Colgate, Rider, YSU, Princeton, St.Francis-PA & Longwood

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 11:51:58 AM »
Ryan Weber is on an official visit to Gardner-Webb this weekend

http://twitter.com/#!/KyleNeddenriep

If anyone hears about any hoops recruits visiting YSU the next two weekend for home football, keep us posted.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/highmajorscoop highmajorscoop reporting YSU has offered 6-3 wing Jordy Barham of University School in Cleveland

highmajorscoop Chas Wolfe
6-foot-3/WG/Jordy Barham has offers from: Lehigh, Davidson,Boston,Holy Cross, JMU, Colgate, Rider, YSU, Princeton, St.Francis-PA & Longwood

http://twitter.com/#!/DaveTelep  Barham commits to Davidson

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
What is your opinion on how Slocum recruits Indy? It seems to me he targets very well & makes the right offers. I am very excited about this season.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »
Rivals reporting YSU has offerred 6-8 wing Derek Reese of Orlando (FL) Olympia high school.

Hometown Central Florida has offerred along with James Madison, Murray State, Rider, Florida Gulf Coast, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville and North Florida. 

A story from October has him listed as a 6-5 ball handling wing - apparently he has grown.  Seems like UCF is the favorite right now.

Reese committed to Tennessee last week - quite a step up in level from what was reported above.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
I like that we are trying for these guys
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Big D

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
Thanks Big D

I hope this is the start of some successful YSU recruiting in and around Indy - there are just so many players around here - and not just the Top 100 guys.

Looks like I will have to get out to a couple of Roncalli games this year.   You may remember some issues with the QB we recruited from there a few years ago (Corsaro).  I trust this will work out a lot better.

Roncalli is the Catholic school on the south side of Indy.  They move up to the highest class in Indiana this year and will be one of the smallest schools in that class.  They will be grouped in post-season play with several large schools, including Lawrence North (alma mater of Oden, Conley).

If anyone wants to follow their team results, here is a link to use

http://www.johnharrell.net/files/boyslogs167.htm

Here is the Indy Star blog

Roncalli senior forward Ryan Weber committed to Youngstown State on Tuesday after taking an official visit to the school over the weekend.

The 6-6 Weber averaged 11.7 points and 4.9 rebounds as a junior. He also took an official visit to Gardner-Webb the previous weekend.

“It was just a place where I felt like I fit in,” Weber said. “I could feel that right away. I could tell they wanted me there as bad as I wanted to be there.”

Youngstown State went 9-21 season last year and finished tied for ninth in the Horizon League. Weber said he started getting more interest from the Penguins around the last tournament in July.

“I think they see me as a shooter on the wing, but I know they want me to be an all-round player,” he said.

He said playing in the Horizon League, where most of the games are in relatively easy driving distance, was a “definite attraction.” He’s guaranteed at least one trip home a season to play against Butler.

“That was as definite attraction,” Weber said. “It’s sort of centered around Indianapolis so my family will be able to come see me play quite a bit. I thought that was importan
t.”