Author Topic: Devont'a Davis to Transfer  (Read 8215 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Devont'a Davis to Transfer
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »
CB from Miami Hurricanes.  Was a Rivals 3 star.  3 or 4 years of eligibility

Rumor Mill.............we will see.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Devont'a Davis to Transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »
I will wait until I hear it from a more reliable source. Two calls to YSU sources and it is news to both of them. Also, I though he was involved in a rape issue? Also, I would rather see him replacing Barnes ...WR is where he belongs.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
I will wait until I hear it from a more reliable source. Two calls to YSU sources and it is news to both of them. Also, I though he was involved in a rape issue? Also, I would rather see him replacing Barnes ...WR is where he belongs.
I  take that back ...that was Jeffery Brown that has legal issues  ...& Jeremy Davis that is the Miami WR. Sorry. Although he was suspended and asked not to return to the team.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:00:11 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
Obviously we need help in the secondary and everywhere else on that defense.  So if this kid is not a criminal and if he works hard and buys into the team concept, he would be a welcome addition.  I'm just a little uneasy about this.  I hope it is not an act of desperation. 

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. Been reading comments for a long time. I've been close to the program for the past 4-5 years or so. I was born and raised here. Followed the program for a long time, 20-30 years. The ups and downs.

Coach Heacock gave his heart and soul to this program. We all respect his efforts. He was / is a great man. And always will be, based on my opinion.

And let me tell you, Coach Wolf is too! I get tired of the "few" naysayers about his first season. Most intelligent football folks understood what happened.

Our Guins' were 5 minutes away from being a 7-4, 8-3, 9-2 team last year. It was obvious to see if you understand football. Our guys didn't have the depth we needed last year. (the typical first year purging of the bad apples). That "purging" cost us a game or three last year...we lost great players....who were bad apples). But it was expected and was needed. Wake up followers.....this is how a program is built!!!

That has been taken care of this year. Coach Wolf has filled those slots with guys that want to play and CAN play at that D1 level. It may take another year or two.....give the man and the program time.

For the faithful....in the next 1-3 years...the HS kids' "THINKING ABOUT" coming to YSU, to win a National Title...well, IMO it could/should/ will happen. Why you ask? Because I know what they have in the pipeline......it's a real possibility. It could happen anytime....get on board!!!!!! Coach Wolf and  his staff are stacking it up!

Let's welcome the recruiting efforts of our staff. And welcome our new players who need to find a home. That's an unbeatable combination. Good things, real good things are happening at YSU football.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:21:42 AM by Pizza »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:35:14 PM »
Nice post Pizza - welcome aboard
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »
Published: Fri, July 1, 2011 @ 12:01 a.m.
Miami cornerback headed to YSU

YOUNGSTOWN

Former University of Miami cornerback Devont’a Davis will transfer to the Youngstown State football team, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

Davis, who did not return calls seeking comment, redshirted last season with the Hurricanes and will have four years of eligibility remaining. Miami fired head coach Randy Shannon in November and hired Al Golden in December.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
I am not as excited as you guys I guess. The article was only on a blog ...not in the paper. Also, Miami's worst need was in the secondary last year, and Davis was no where to be seen on the depth chart (not even #4). Ahead of him was a frosh, a safety converted to CB, and an RB converted as well. I also show activity on special teams in several games for him ... how does he have 4-years left? He was basically cut. I hope he has skills, and not just speed like most of those Florida guys.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
I guess the lesson upper level 1-AA  programs  like YSU tells these kids is........get your "head out of your A-ss". Here's your last best chance. You can still get to the "League" ...by playing well at YSU.

Just look at Donald Jones (Buffalo Bills). Donald did everything right when he came here. I witnessed it.

Come to YSU....ball.....win a title or two....and you'll get your shot in the "League".
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:04:23 AM by Pizza »