Author Topic: Tressel SI article  (Read 12762 times)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Tressel SI article
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »
Is now available online at SI.com. As far as YSU goes, pretty much just rehashes the Ray Isaac/Mickey Monus situation, although it indicates Monus may have employed several YSU players. Disgruntaled former YSU Prez Leslie Cockroach is quoted as saying Tressel was deceitful--well moron, you were his boss, you should have done something about it. Cockroach was the George Bush of YSU presidents, inept. The overall picture painted of Tressel is not good.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Tressel SI article
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
Sounds like the only "new" is Tressel fixing a few of Isaac's traffic tickets.  I think if that is all that comes out about YSU as this thing goes on we should feel very grateful.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »
Is now available online at SI.com. As far as YSU goes, pretty much just rehashes the Ray Isaac/Mickey Monus situation, although it indicates Monus may have employed several YSU players. Disgruntaled former YSU Prez Leslie Cockroach is quoted as saying Tressel was deceitful--well moron, you were his boss, you should have done something about it. Cockroach was the George Bush of YSU presidents, inept. The overall picture painted of Tressel is not good.

Thinking that George Bush was inept, that's funny.

Read the article, I think that JT is just a very smart person, knows how to create the correct image of himself for most eyes and also knows how to play the system in the backrooms. And yes he can also coach pretty well.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
Guinpen-I want some of what you're smoking 8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:06 PM »
They are now after Pryor, and his suspension is supposed to come tomorrow. Two cars.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Using this thread to attack President Bush. Pathetic.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »
Using this thread to attack President Bush. Pathetic.

It's what Democrats do.  It is their purpose in life.  Obama does no wrong.  Bush is one of the few ex-presidents to defer to the current prez's agenda without the bashing comments.  (See Carter, see Clinton). 

Totally disgusted with the state of politics and administration in this so-called "valley" (there can't be a "valley" without mountains as a very sage person once told me).

If the middle east eventually becomes mostly democratic (and the signs are huge that is going to happen), then Bush's efforts at the start of that insurrection will have his legacy as one of the greatest achievements of the modern world.

He spent way more than he should have but that was throwing bones in the direction of lunatic left wingers, especially Dodd and Frank.  W was way too liberal, not a true Reagan conservative.
Look out when Obama gets booted, or even term-limited--You will find a new wave of fiscal conservatism that will make your head spin, because there is NO DOUBT the president that follows Obama will be a Conservative Republican.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
Look--I could care less about politics (seriously) but my reference is to CNN article dated 1/18/09 which, in the last days of Bush's presidency, showed a poll of American people (both parties) showing 68% feeling Bush's 8 years in office as a failure and 31% viewing it as a success. So it ain't just me folks. The analogy was to show the comparative presidencies of Cochran and Bush, IN MY OPINION. No politics involved.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »
They are now after Pryor, and his suspension is supposed to come tomorrow. Two cars.

I do not recall the make/model, but I guess that Pryor showed up to some meeting in a nice one, talk show host made the comment that Pryor must know he was done so he did not care if he was shown driving it.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
There was film on ESPN last night of TP driving a 300Z AND rolling through a red light.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »
Did you guys hear Ray Isaac on ESPN radio yesterday? Very interesting quotes:

“Jim Tressel is as good a man as you’ll ever meet. It’s almost to the point where it’s hokey; you would think he is phony, but he is not. Jim Tressel is like the person you want to be when you grow up. He’s always treated me like a son.”

“The article is a big lie ... I’m very displeased with the article. The article is chewed up. If you look at the paragraph that goes into what I was allegedly to have said, it is poorly written. It doesn’t give any facts or clarity. It almost looked like he read 50 articles of the Jim Tressel/Ray Isaac situation and mixed them all together and then wrote a paragraph because he could not get any words out of my mouth.”

"Number one, I'm totally responsible for what I did at Youngstown State University. Every year, from the time I was on campus, from '88 to '91, Tressel had compliance seminars — not to deal with bookies, not to deal with drugs, not to deal with not buying or selling anything. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I met [booster] Mickey Monus. It is implied that on the first meeting that I had with Mickey Monus that I received $150. That is the biggest lie ever told. … Jim Tressel never ever knew anything about our dealings. I kept it secret. To say Coach Tressel knew about this car, or knew about this money, listen, the only way that anyone knew about the money I received was Mickey Monus got indicted on $1.1 million worth of embezzlement and fraud. In documents and public record, they found checks that were written to me. … That's the only way that this situation came to light. … Other than that, no one in the history of the world would have known the Mickey Monus paid me a dime."

Hew went on to call Epstein a liar.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:20:11 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »
Yeah, and now former Prez Cockroach is saying his quotes were taken out of context as well. When the heat is on, these guys are backpedaling faster than Deion Sanders. They probably said these things, but now don't want to own up to them.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »
IP,

Perhaps you are correct.  Isaac and Cochran certainly have credibility issues.  However, contemporary journalists have been known to misquote and fabricate in order to conform to their preconceived agenda. 

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Wick-According to Bobby Knight the only thing the media can quote accurately is silence.

It will also be interesting to see all the NCAA violations OSU gets from this. I am sure there will be seasons forfeited, scholarships losts, and probably NO bowl games. Not even thinking about the death penalty

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
This was nothing but a witch hunt..SI and all the other reporters have agendas..its not about quoting the facts and reporting as such...plus that SI article seemed like they really didnt or couldnt dig up any dirt new dirt so they piled on the crap...as for Cochran..he was a joke..everytime i drive by Penguin Place or whatever its called i think of what a waste that guy was ...as for Ray..and what he did ..old news ..
A Penguin for life!!!