Author Topic: WOW  (Read 8828 times)

Offline TheInsideMan1

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
WOW
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
I have listened to all the after spring practice audio and have even been to every spring practice so far, and our guys look slow and fat. They have put on the extra wt that Coach Wolford has  been looking for but it looks like a slow offense against a slow defense out there - no burst by the skill guys and no break away speed. What have the guys been doing during the off-season? I also noticed a lot of guys on the sideline with injuries. Moss, Boatwright, Shaw, Cook, Herman, Colegrove, Main and the long snapper (i forget his name) and the list goes on and on. One week in and only one day of hitting and we have that many guys out. I know Coach Patrick and his Staff was let go after last season (BIG MISTAKE) - Who has been training the players? Are they certified or have their masters degree, are they even qualified like the old staff was? If thing dont improve with the players conditions, Wolford might be the biggest bust in NCAA football.

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: WOW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
Okay, I'll bite.  Was up yesterday, watched the entire practice, and went down on the field afterwards.  Size has increased and while there are always a few exceptions for the most part it appears that so has the strength.  Size tends to make things look slower, but the line play to me looked as quick as the fall.  Injuries, didn't pay too much attention, but DJ Main's is a carry over from last fall, and Boat's was a freak accident yesterday - he could have had legs the size of Goliath and it would still have happened.  Still too early to tell what we'll see in the fall, but my guess is that we'll see a solid product on the field.
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
I don't know why Wolford and Patrick did not get along, but I do know that, at a football school, it is absolutely essential for the head football coach to have perfect confidence in the strength coach. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
I was under the impression Patrick was still with the program ..or at least his staff. Boatwright was a knee, not much conditioning can do for that. He is out at least for spring. On coach W's post practice interview, he said that Jordon Thomas is pulled for academic reasons. Not injury related at all.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 01:41:22 AM »
Why even respond to the OP?

It is his opinion only.

You're opening a big can of worms Cat, you have something to back up your post?

Are you Patrick's brother-in-law?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline TheInsideMan1

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »
Injuries sooooo far... many more to come!
Boatwright
Sirl
Shaw
Rich
Williams
Rach
Louis
Tate
D'Alesio
Watts
Snow
Garner
Thompson
Cook
Adams
Cheaib
Heardman
Moss
Colegrove
Johnson
Radakovich
Main
Sharbaugh
Schkurko

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
Regarding the injuries....I played FCS football. Coaches will hold a player out during spring drills with a hangnail. Especially a returning starter or contributor. Spring practice is geared toward installing new schemes and getting current freshmen and transfers up to speed. Put very little stock in what you see injury wise.

Offline TheInsideMan1

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
In my 10 + years of working in the front office of YSU. I have not seen more injuries and a ACL to boot, WOW. Nova - good post and good point, but if guys are held out or hurt now (when its easy, in your eyes) what's going to happen when we get ready for the real deal? Piss pour practice leads to piss poor performance. If guys aren't practicing then how are we going to perform during the fall? Cookie cutter strength programs and rehab programs are not going to bring us back to the promise land. I want a championship not a 3 win season.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
The insinuation that players are fat and out of shape is a pipe dream.

I believe off season conditioning is 0600 every day.

Bear May:::: can you confirm that for us?

I trust Wolf and the staff to not let anybody loaf.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »
That guy is just sore at somebody...you have to love the internet..people can say anything and hide behind a screen name
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline TheBearMay

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
I know there's been a lot of 7:00s and quite a few guys in at 6:00.  Been told the line lifts are more geared to power than previously.
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.