Author Topic: YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!  (Read 7279 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2024, 10:40:48 AM »
I'm glad it appears to be a seamless transition and Coach Faulkner will carry on with Coach Calhoun had established.  It's good to hear that apparently everyone else is staying...wish we could have retained Lovelace.

I did think the press conference though was pretty lackluster...just 10 mins including questions.  Can't believe there weren't more questions from the media.  And nothing from Strollo.
Apparently, they emphasized several times during the press conference that they want one to one meeting after the comments by the coach.
I could tell the coach is not as a dynamic speaker as Calhoun.  I guess that is a difference in their personality. It really doesn’t matter as long as he gets the job done.
BTW, who was the guy introducing Faulkner, he never introduced himself. I was surprised that AD didn’t personally introduced him.

Offline 33Y0

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2024, 10:43:16 AM »
I'm glad it appears to be a seamless transition and Coach Faulkner will carry on with Coach Calhoun had established.  It's good to hear that apparently everyone else is staying...wish we could have retained Lovelace.

I did think the press conference though was pretty lackluster...just 10 mins including questions.  Can't believe there weren't more questions from the media.  And nothing from Strollo.
Apparently, they emphasized several times during the press conference that they want one to one meeting after the comments by the coach.
I could tell the coach is not as a dynamic speaker as Calhoun.  I guess that is a difference in their personality. It really doesn’t matter as long as he gets the job done.
BTW, who was the guy introducing Faulkner, he never introduced himself. I was surprised that AD didn’t personally introduced him.

Jamie Hall, SID for Men's Basketball.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2024, 11:25:46 AM »
33YO, thanks.

Offline IronGuin14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2024, 02:08:30 PM »
Coach Faulkner was featured on Penguin Gameday yesterday evening. He did a lot better in that setting. Coach Jackson was on, too. She is going to be terrific. Such an exciting time for hoops!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2024, 04:40:47 PM »
You would think Strollo would introduce Faulkner but apparently not.  Failed in that respect.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2024, 04:36:37 PM »
Anyone know anything about who we are recruiting?

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2024, 08:36:14 AM »
Anyone know anything about who we are recruiting?

Have been wondering this myself...haven't heard anything

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2024, 09:05:10 AM »
Where are the signings for Men's basketball??  Any??

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2024, 09:01:10 PM »
Where are the signings for Men's basketball??  Any??

I probably shouldn't get impatient but I'm seeing other programs getting transfers and we're at zero.   I just saw that Tahj Staveske transferred  to CSU and he was a guy that I was hoping we would get.   I felt more secure in this process with coach Cahoun than I do with coach Falkner based on his past track record although I know Falkner deserves a chance an I hope to see it.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:02:04 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2024, 06:31:57 AM »
The transfers are coming soon enough. We will be fine. Can't be comparing to a timeline of last year considering we had to go through the process of losing our head coach and then hiring his replacement over a period of time. Also Coach Faulkner has been finalizing his staff which will help him finalize the roster of transfers in the coming weeks.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2024, 07:02:04 AM »
Thought his staff was finalized as he had two assistants present at the press conference.  Makes no sense.

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2024, 05:04:43 PM »
Thought his staff was finalized as he had two assistants present at the press conference.  Makes no sense.
Not sure how having 2 staff members at his press conference would translate to having a complete staff finalized?

Anyhow, first transfer to commit is Canisius Guard Siem Uijtendaal. Averaged 13.3ppg for Canisius this past season.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2024, 05:52:07 PM »
Nice get...now we need a point guard or two. More forwards as well.  I think we need 4 or 5 more to sign.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2024, 06:06:08 PM »
Siem looks like he can shoot it from deep and from watching his video that he has a decent B-ball IQ.   Videos are deceiving but he looks like he can help.  Second on a 14-18 team in scoring at 13 pt a game and I read he set a school record his Jr year with 10 3s in a game.    Scored 24 vs  Robert Morris and 16 vs CSU last season.