Author Topic: Ohio State Week  (Read 6658 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ohio State Week
« on: September 03, 2023, 02:06:27 AM »
Well penguin fans it is officially Ohio State game week. I'll be down at the game with a pack of penguin fans. Tailgating in the sisson lot if anyone wants to meet up Saturday.

Now to the game, with Ohio State's offense not clicking, there is a chance this game isn't a complete blowout. But we will have to see.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio State Week
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 08:50:25 AM »
Keep it close in the 1st quarter. Don’t let the game get out of control early. Get a turnover. Don’t turn it over. No injuries. We might have a game.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 09:24:50 AM »
OSU QB improved dramatically in the second half. Will be the worst beating we have ever had. Even the #2's and 3's will have no issues with us. It will not be Day's fault. I mean you only have so many back-ups. That being said. This is not  top Buckeye team. We will not score a TD. Too bad. I have a good crowd coming down for this one & I understand we sold the first allotment of tickets, but a lot of returns by Buckeye fans. This is getting back to the old days. None of the Buckeye fans cares for games outside of the big-10 and Notre Dame.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 12:01:00 PM »
At least the money is kept in state this time around with this game!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 09:30:06 AM »
At least the money is kept in state this time around with this game!

That is one good thing.

Score does not matter, learn from the game, do not get hurt, get ready for the next game.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 10:41:13 AM »
I say 42 to 17 final.  We will be competitive.   

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 06:56:54 AM »
Just an FYI for everyone, WeAreYoungstown is hosting a YSU football twitter spaces tonight from 8 pm - 9 pm covering topics including the win over Valpo and what we can expect this week against Ohio State.

https://twitter.com/WeAreYoungstown/status/1698852457034518641?s=20
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 06:58:20 AM by The YO Show »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 09:28:51 PM »
Besides the money, I can see only one possible benefit from this game. After what we will endure from OSU on Saturday, the passing attacks from Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, or anybody else in the MVFC should not be intimidating.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 11:38:54 AM »
I say 42 to 17 final.  We will be competitive.

17 seems pretty high, I’d be ecstatic if we score over 10

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 04:02:41 PM »
We will be lucky to score on Ohio State's defense.  Their players are trying to get a shutout every game this year. They were pissed about giving up 3 on Indiana.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 09:29:18 AM »
We will not score any TD's and I am certainly not expecting any. One of the things I love about Davidson is that he shows absolutely no fear and has a strong and quick sense of play development. I am hoping that may get us in FG range once or twice Saturday.  I am paying more attention to how many stops we get. That is what dictates our conference performance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 09:38:23 AM by IAA Fan »

Online Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 11:09:45 AM »
I am pretty sure if we score will be because of our defense and not the offence. 

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 02:02:25 PM »
Get on the bus Get off the bus collect the bag of money.  Thank God and Tressel for the chance to get the bag of money. Gameplan to keep them from getting more the 50.  Protect your starters especially at QB. No reason to have Davidson to play hero.  Shake hands get on the bus as soon as you get back to Ytown.  Hand bag of money to Strollo.  Easy Peezy..   
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 02:19:46 PM »
My dream…Goliath the Philistine started to attack David. He slowly walked closer and closer toward David, but David ran out to meet Goliath. David took out a stone from his bag. He put it in his sling and swung the sling. The stone flew from the sling and hit Goliath right between the eyes. The stone sank deep into his head, and Goliath fell to the ground—face down. So David defeated the Philistine with only a sling and one stone! He hit the Philistine and killed him.

Reality 45-7 OSU..

Go Guins!!
PS…we can dream still right???
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 03:07:28 PM »
I am still thinking we can make it a game.  42-17 final.  We get two turnovers though which will lead to our scores.  maybe a special team score.  We don't know until we play the game.  Weakest Ohio State team we have a chance to keep it close but for how long?   0 turnovers, minimal penalties, LUCK on our side as well.