Author Topic: YSU BASEBALL SCHEDULE  (Read 1135 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU BASEBALL SCHEDULE
« on: December 09, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »
YSU Baseball released their spring schedule.  Just curious how they afford to travel to Memphis, Baylor, Wake Forest and Kansas State?  Do they receive any compensation/gate money from these teams?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:42:41 PM by goodnews »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU BASEBALL SCHEDULE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 06:07:15 PM »
Yet our football or basketball teams play weak out of conference games.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU BASEBALL SCHEDULE
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 06:10:23 PM »
Sounds like we are forgetting that YSU is on an equal plane with all 4 of those schools in all sports except football. Yes YSU is a DI program. In fact I was at an OSU vs YSU game where the Guins won handily. It was a return game from a rainout. As compared to football, it is very easy to schedule a p5 school in baseball. The SEC and Big-12 teams are quite profitable in baseball and those teams paying YSU expenses would not surprise me at all, but I am not say8ng this happens ... as I have no idea. pretty much all of the other conferences make much less money off of baseball.

I will tell you this, it is a shame the lack of support that the Tribe (and MLB in general) gives DI baseball.

Uaually when you see a single game, that is accomplished by catching a trip between two other team playing. For example Xavier might be on their way to a required series up in the NE and may catch a one-off YSU game.

Also, most of the big series are in early-spring, where all teams are desperate for  competition.

Also, YSU get arrangements that stem from football money game ( like out 2 games this year against Illinois, which I bet are tied into some sort of compensation.

Scheduling in any small college sport is a tremendous skill.