Author Topic: UND Game thread  (Read 10563 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UND Game thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 09:19:09 PM »
Special teams cost us the game.  I wonder if we will ever get a call that goes for us.  That was targeting and that was not DPI.

We are getting better because we don't give up.  They play 60 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 09:19:50 PM by penguinpower »

Offline DLHotch

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 09:25:45 PM »
Did Davidson start the game? I only watched the 4th qtr

Mitch played the whole game and was quite good.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2022, 10:42:23 PM »
I thought that MD played a pretty good game overall.

Thought that we came out in the second half ready to play, but bummed that we could not finish off those two drives, just 3 points.

D gave up 2-3 big plays where no one was home on coverage.

Never happy with a loss but we are getting better.

Still some play calling that leave me scratching my head. coaches need to step up more.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 12:17:16 AM »
Good game.  Piss poor crowd.   DM looked better than Crenshaw for sure.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2022, 08:32:47 AM »
Davidson should be QB1 for the rest of the season.  Don’t see how The staff didn’t figure this out sooner.  Davidson isn’t mobile so tweak offense to play to his strengths.  No need to run read plays 15 times a game we need to keep him upright.  I still felt we were outcoached today.  I listened to Phillips after the game and he was saying the usual stuff.  But that being said he needs at least 2 more years and probably another due to what happened under Pelini.  I wish we had more money for better assistant coaches. The problem is even if we get lucky to find one they leave for more money etc.  If we want to be in the SEC of FCS then make the $$$ commitment. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2022, 01:07:30 PM »
MD had a good game.  Should get better with more playing time. But the opposition will now have film on him, no surprises.  We should have won that game no excuses.  Poor special teams play and the lack of speed on our defensive line let their QB scramble around and extend plays.  We keep playing like that and it will be a long season. 

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2022, 05:11:47 PM »
MEDIOCRITY has overcome this program.  We lose and we think we have found our new QB?  Sadly, there isn't a D1 QB on the current roster.  Our remaining schedule includes 3 home and 3 away games.  Sadly, another losing season is in the cards.  All the while James Madison enters the top 25 in FBS.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2022, 05:19:48 PM »
MEDIOCRITY has overcome this program.  We lose and we think we have found our new QB?  Sadly, there isn't a D1 QB on the current roster.  Our remaining schedule includes 3 home and 3 away games.  Sadly, another losing season is in the cards.  All the while James Madison enters the top 25 in FBS.

Patience.  Did you hear what was said in the pregame show.  I was very surprised.  Any takers?

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2022, 06:19:59 PM »

JMU ranked 25th in FBS. Wtf are we doing??

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2022, 06:46:53 PM »
MEDIOCRITY has overcome this program. 

We have been for a long time!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2022, 06:49:58 PM »
Everyone needs to stop with the PATIENCE.  The patience is gone!  Nothing against the current coach either.  Honestly, I believe that the current roster does like the staff and won't quit.  The problem is the roster isn't capable of competing in this conference week in and week out.  Like I said before without the portal we probably don't win a conference game this year.  Including the head coach, NO ONE on this staff has D1 recruiting experience and it shows.  Wait until JT is gone at the beginning of the year too.  I'm sure he made guest appearances to seal the recruits we do have.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 06:51:15 PM by goodnews »

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »
Patience!  The damn stands would be full if we were winning here and there!  All I hear is that game was winnable!  Indiana State gave NDSU a good game!  So what, that was a winnable game last year!  Did we win, no. They'll come in here and embarrass us again! I too amd tired of excuses!

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2022, 07:32:53 PM »
The game was winnable, but up front they were bigger and stronger than we were. Their D line got significant pressure rushing 4, we did not. Their O line protected the QB so he could survey the field and find open receivers, our QB needed to look fast and throw. Also he couldn't escape because their D line had him surrounded for the most part. I think for a first start under those conditions MD did a good job. Since when did we have a run and pass game? And a significant offense beyond number 8? Not lately. We can now run a complete offense except the designed QB run. Much more of an offense than before. We still need more players that can impact at our level and I think the current coach will get them.

As for our coaching, it is lacking. The defensive breakdowns are too common when playing the loose zone we sometime are in. The 1st 2 drives had numerous break downs. Not sure what happened, but they sure had open receivers. And the offensive play calls are questionable, especially in the red zone.

But there is hope. I think our future is bright.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 07:58:37 PM »

JMU ranked 25th in FBS. Wtf are we doing??

We’re much closer to an Akron or OU than JMU, JMU is much better funded than we are and have been for a while. Just because we used to play teams who are having “success” in the FBS level doesn’t mean much to me.

NDSU has been good enough to compete in the FBS for a long time but they don’t because it doesn’t make sense financially or logistically.

Also JMU will never get to compete for a national championship again…

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2022, 08:26:38 PM »
The issues at YSU are vast.  A game day atmosphere hasn't been present at Stambaugh Stadium in many years.  The AD and his 32 hour work week staff are worthless and partially to blame.  I know someone is going to bring up OSU plays the same day....... blah blah blah.  We all use former FCS opponents as an example of how irrelevant YSU Football has now become.  The biggest issue outside of poor recruiting is MONEY and likely will never change.  Lastly, the argument that we still compete for a National Championship is a poor excuse to accept the complacency that surrounds this program.