YSU +17.5.   Your bet?

YSU
3 (30%)
RABBITS
4 (40%)
The final margin of defeat will be 17.5 points
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: RABBITS  (Read 10020 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: RABBITS
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »
Imagine the recruits that wont be coming here because of these blood baths.  Nearly 600 yards on offense for SDSU and 83% (10-12) on 3rd efficiency.  How long do we have to listen to "we have to give them time"?  Now we can listen to the head coach say "I need to get better".  This is a JOKE!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 07:21:49 PM »
SDSU never punted. What else do we say about defense? I noticed that Davis got in a little trouble after his first touchdown is anybody know anything? What’s your not supposed to throw?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »
SDSU never punted. What else do we say about defense? I noticed that Davis got in a little trouble after his first touchdown is anybody know anything? What’s your not supposed to throw?

Believe it or not, our players are better than our coaching staff. They probably told him not to throw those touchdown passes because they could be intercepted………just like the guy you have just replaced. Lol

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 08:05:47 PM »
Total beat down today on both offense and defense. Both lines did not match up at all. Major trouble trying to recruit freshman and try to grow them into the size and strength to play with these guys. But we were in the national championship game a few years ago with Pelini and mostly Wolford's recruits. With the MAC and others recriting within 200 miles of us heavily, I think we need to use the portal to supplement our recruiting. Look what Michigan State did with adding 17 or so tranfers this year. They are undefeated and beat Michigan today.

At the beginning of the season after watching a few scrimmages I thought Crenshaw was 1 and Davidson 2 in the qb rankinig. After today I feel this is still true. Number 5 was hurting and could not elude the rush with our O line protection. Davidson did much better. I know it was the 2nd half, but he still looked better at evading the rush and throwing down the field. Not sure what will happen next week at the qb postion, but I think Davidson deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
Noticed a lot of recruits on the sideline prior to the game.  I'm sure they were impressed with the beat down and wanting to sign with YSU.  Anyways it was Halloween weekend the band was in costumes and our team came out dressed as a D1 football team.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »
Noticed a lot of recruits on the sideline prior to the game.  I'm sure they were impressed with the beat down and wanting to sign with YSU.  Anyways it was Halloween weekend the band was in costumes and our team came out dressed as a D1 football team.

Or maybe the recruits will see this as a good chance to get in and get some early playing time.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2021, 02:27:33 PM »
More D3 talent on the way.  Strollo should be ready reward the Principal with a raise and extension.  How long is his contract?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2021, 06:27:51 PM »
Listen folks. This is what you get when you want to save money and let a well known booster donate money and get his guy as head coach. He was not hired for his football resume.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 09:01:04 PM »
And will this well-known booster remain un-known?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2021, 09:33:22 PM »
To this day I do not understand the Pelini hire.  He had no intentions of staying at YSU so why waste the time.  He did nothing for the football program.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 05:34:56 AM »
Ok.  Let's be fair about this.

Heacock was given Tressel recruits, let it slip and eventually got  kids that could compete in the mid tier of the conference. 

Wolford improved on that.  His starting point was much higher than what Phillips starting point is.

Pelini took Wolford's recruits and a d went to the NC game but ran the thing right into the ground.  The recruiting was at the lower tier if the conference.  Pelini was the greatest mistake made by the AD.

I watched SDSU and YSU.  That game had little to do with coaching.  The play calling by both teams is not great.  I don't even know what the strength of SDSU's offense was, except that they had better athletes on the line.  They didn't impress me.

Did you notice the size mismatch on the LOS?  It was pretty incredible.  We looked like a HS team playing a college team.  It was drastically different.  And their second string was causing as many problems as their first string.  They had the luxury of rotating the entire LOS to keep people fresh.  We don't have that.  Phillips has siad repeatedly, we have to recruit the LOS.  That's what he is trying to do. 

Seriously, can it get any worse?  Pelini didn't just leave a bare cupboard in terms of the level of talent, he damaged the program in many other ways.  The 'Pelini Rule' went into effect over his sideline antics and it got put all over the national news and ESPN.  And while Eichorn was an ******** at Nebraska, he was probably afraid of the sociopath head coach.

My personal opinion is that we've got a long way to go and calling for Phillips head is not the right move. If we had pressure at the LOS our defense would be special.  You cannot leave the secondary exposed like we do.  We given them all day to throw the ball.  There are way less blown coverages than under Pelini.  We were good for at least 5-7 plays a game with Pelini.  Now we may have 1-3 and some of that is due to youth.

Those thinking that because he was a principal he's not qualified need to look at the qualifications and behavior of other coaches.  Ed Orgeron will be available from LSU. Would you want him?  Bobby Petrino has his history, but all of his teams have been inconsistent and lacked a defense capable of winning a title.  What's different now?  Nothing. SDSU'S coach has been there for more than 2O years.  Do you think his teams are coached exceptionally well? I don't.  They aren't bad, but they aren't spectacular.  NDSU"s coaching has been some of the best because they play to the strength of their skill positions, however they ALWAYS have the line play.  ALWAYS.  That's the foundation of their teams.

As I said before.  Long way to go.  Be patient.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2021, 06:29:07 AM »
And will this well-known booster remain un-known?

Not at all.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2021, 03:38:03 PM »
  Chief is 100% correct.  Phillips resume was very weak.  Only thing he could hang his hat on was that he worked at Iowa State and Cincinnati under 2 successful coaches.  But he role at both places was minimal.  Tressel needs to own some of this.  I am not a fan of Strollo, but this hire is on Tressel.