Author Topic: Game 2 CSU 81 YSU 74  (Read 2729 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Game 2 CSU 81 YSU 74
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:15:51 PM »
- If DQ plays we win.
-Frosh Mayes,Dunn,Vargo showing growth.
-CSU beating us off the dribble with individual drives to the hoop.
-Better showing on offense and beating their press. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Game 2 CSU 81 YSU 74
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »
- If DQ plays we win.
-Frosh Mayes,Dunn,Vargo showing growth.
-CSU beating us off the dribble with individual drives to the hoop.
-Better showing on offense and beating their press.

Without DQ & after Mayes fouled out, we were doomed.
At one point in the second half, we were up 14 points.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 06:53:51 PM »
CSU got too many easy baskets by beating us off the dribble as stated. Our new guys are not up to the defensive skills needed to play man against them.  Maybe zone would have helped, maybe not. Their outside shooting would get us then instead of the layups we gave up. When Mays fouled out we were in big trouble. He is a big part of our offense.  Too bad Jalani is gone, could have helped I think. Last year I would have played him more instead of Devin and he may have stayed.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »
CSU got too many easy baskets by beating us off the dribble as stated. Our new guys are not up to the defensive skills needed to play man against them.  Maybe zone would have helped, maybe not. Their outside shooting would get us then instead of the layups we gave up. When Mays fouled out we were in big trouble. He is a big part of our offense.  Too bad Jalani is gone, could have helped I think. Last year I would have played him more instead of Devin and he may have stayed.

Agree 100%.

This team can't win giving up 80+ points and certainly can't without DQ.  YSU gave up 100 points in the 2nd half of the last 2 games.  Too many easy baskets for CSU both games, too many turnovers, and didn't shoot good for the line like YSU has been doing.  Thought Akuchie struggled both days. 

Would have been nice to get out of there with another split without DQ; now YSU really needs to sweep Green Bay, a team that hasn't won a game this year, to get back to 3-3 with a pair on the road at Wright State looming.