Author Topic: YSU canceled 2020 football season  (Read 9464 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU canceled 2020 football season
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
I would not really want outside competition for a spring game. Spring games are seldom 4 15-minute quarters & seldom see key players beyond the first series of each half. I have no interest in seeing another school's back-ups. If we choose to win and play our regular players, then we risk serious injury just 2.5 months from Fall camp. Spring game is to see the new guys who will most-likely not participate in fall camp. It is for this same reason that I do not wish to have a conference football schedule this spring.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:40:29 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »
Does anyone know what is going on with our football team?  Are they practicing, working out or what. I certainly hope they are not wasting this time. We should have used this as our spring practice and had the EKU game as the end. New coach, new system and a lot of starting positions to fill.  Seems like this would have been a good time to get these things in place and be ready to come out strong in the spring if that happens.

It seems that many teams mostly OVFC in our division are playing non conference games in the fall.  Maybe they are more serious about their football than we are.  NDSU is not wasting this time and we know how serious they are. Maybe Strollo is using this time to drum up money from supporters to build a world class bowling alley for the bowling team.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 03:39:33 PM »
The AD is too busy trying to justify his nepotism filled department with "get to know" videos.