Author Topic: Meet and Greet the new YSU Football Coach  (Read 3901 times)

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Meet and Greet the new YSU Football Coach
« on: February 25, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »
The Curbstone Coaches are announcing that the organization is hosting the new YSU football coach Doug Phillips in a traditional "Greet and Meet Event" on Monday March 16, 2020 at the Avion Banquet Center 2177 Western Reserve Road in Canfield Ohio. The event cost is $13 which includes a buffet dinner.

Coach Phillips will speak about the future of Youngstown State University football program and the upcoming 2020 season.

Reservations can be made by calling any one of these numbers:
330-506-6774, 330-550-1131, 330-506-9947
or direct to the banquet center at 330-758-4140

The event is open to the public and all are welcome.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Meet and Greet the new YSU Football Coach
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 01:52:39 PM »
Good.  That is one more community outreach project than Pelini did in five years. ???

I would hope there can be some type of fan involvement associated with spring practice.  Even if there is not a traditional spring game, come up with something that brings coaches, players, and fans together.  Rebuilding a connection with the fan base is vital.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:57:50 PM by Wick250 »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:11:45 PM »
Good.  That is one more community outreach project than Pelini did in five years. ???

I would hope there can be some type of fan involvement associated with spring practice.  Even if there is not a traditional spring game, come up with something that brings coaches, players, and fans together.  Rebuilding a connection with the fan base is vital.
I'm apparently agreeing with you all day!  I get Bo's not doing a spring game as not meaning much to the football, but it is GREAT in the spring to keep fans "in the loop" and I hope DP has a spring game.  Too bad they didn't get something in during a BB game, like last year. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 10:28:03 AM »
Spring Game - April 18 at 11:00AM.

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 07:00:38 AM »
The Curbstone Coaches are announcing that the organization is postponing the "Greet and Meet Event" event with Coach Doug Phillips which was to be held on Monday March 16, 2020 at the Avion Banquet Center 2177 Western Reserve Road in Canfield Ohio. The Curbstone Coaches will follow the safety health program announced by Governor Mike DeWine.  This event will be rescheduled at a later date.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"