Author Topic: Women's Lacrosse  (Read 3510 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women's Lacrosse
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:38:26 PM »
Women's Lacrosse is going to be an affiliate MAC member for the 2021 season. Interesting we are going MAC affiliation.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Lacrosse
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
I'm sure it was orchestrated prior to the announcement of the program. 

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 12:23:03 PM »
Detroit Mercy also admitted as MAC affiliate.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 07:56:30 PM »
I am assuming that an affiliate member is not a full member, but one with restrictions.  Anyone know about the restrictions?  Say can we be removed if the full members get enough of their members playing Lacrosse and do not need us any longer to fill their league?  Other sports could fit well in the MAC as we have all said in the past. One could argue that we could be an affiliate member in all sports except football and be in a better travel situation than we are in the Horizon.  Most distant travel is Western Michigan I think compared to Green Bay etc. Not sure it there is any future beyond Lacrosse and possibly Bowling.  As we know ND picks and chooses from the ACC.  Not sure if other schools do things like that.

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 04:32:51 AM »
Not familiar to restrictions applied to affiliate or associate membership but many schools take advantage of those opportunities. For example Notre Dame in addition to there limited association with the ACC is an associate member of the Big10 in hockey and Johns Hopkins is a Big10 member for Lacrosse.