Author Topic: Attendance reality  (Read 22893 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance reality
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
Lakes, unfortunately, if 1000 NDSU fans travel to YSU, it is not outside the realm of possibility that they will come close to the number of penguin fans there. And they will likely be louder either way.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »
It is too bad that all the optimistic YSU fans are gone from this board.  Most all are negative.  Weather it is attendance or chance in a game, they are negative.  It reminds me of the old Vindicator, they won't be happy till the city of Youngstown is gone along the Cafaro's and Jim Tressel and YSU.

As for the game this week, yes it is a long shot for us to win. BUT we have played North Dakota State tough in recent history and for a few bad calls by the refs, could have won a game or two.  I understand that the refs don't like us due to the personality of Bo, but calls are calls. Our talent may be lacking I understand, but Bo is a great defensive mind.  Things could go our way.  I for one sure hope we play a good game and I think that is possible.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 08:07:09 PM »
It is too bad that all the optimistic YSU fans are gone from this board.  Most all are negative.  Weather it is attendance or chance in a game, they are negative.  It reminds me of the old Vindicator, they won't be happy till the city of Youngstown is gone along the Cafaro's and Jim Tressel and YSU.

As for the game this week, yes it is a long shot for us to win. BUT we have played North Dakota State tough in recent history and for a few bad calls by the refs, could have won a game or two.  I understand that the refs don't like us due to the personality of Bo, but calls are calls. Our talent may be lacking I understand, but Bo is a great defensive mind.  Things could go our way.  I for one sure hope we play a good game and I think that is possible.

Good to hear  Penguin68, I’m still optimistic. This team has a high ceiling but they are just inconsistent, we beat SDSU for 3/4 of a game, if we play well there is no reason we can’t compete with the Bison. Based on their play against SDSU they aren’t heads a shoulders above the jacks.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2019, 08:11:15 PM »

I'm going to go the game hoping we win. I'll cheer for my team, but it is hard for me to be optimistic with the roller coaster we've been on through games. Had we shown up for SIU, I would be a completely different perspective right now.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:03 PM »
My group will be there cheering on the guins
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
I have not missed more than one game in the past decade or 2, so I hope to beat this one as well.

That being said I have yet to see Bo's great defensive mind. Let's see ...blitz at all costs ...have some speed in the back, but no coverage or tackling skills. Just teach them to watch the eyes of your man and ignore what is going on in the play.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
I have not missed more than one game in the past decade or 2, so I hope to beat this one as well.

That being said I have yet to see Bo's great defensive mind. Let's see ...blitz at all costs ...have some speed in the back, but no coverage or tackling skills. Just teach them to watch the eyes of your man and ignore what is going on in the play.

I have to agree with you IAA, I don’t understand how with both Bo and Carl on the sideline we don’t have a more fundamentally sound. It’s bizarre.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 08:46:37 PM »
More proof that the teams on the schedule is not the reason for our attendance being what it is. I think that part of the issue is that many folks, myself one, simply do not get excited about these far off teams.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
I have to agree with you Guinpen. I think that this is our media's fault. Let's be honest; we have been in the Gateway/MVFC for over 20 years now. Every fan should know all of the teams in our conference and the news should be reporting their scores and such. This is not to say that some local opponents may not capture more interest, but I think that we will be discussing our disappointment next year after the Akron game, as there will not be the number of YSU fans in attendance as many people on the board are thinking. We will never drop to D2, nor will it ever be a serious discussion. We are a DI school in all sports. We are in a great football conference and good non-football conference.

I will make sure that we have all of the tailgate information well in advance and let's hope the local media does the same.