Author Topic: Transfer bug started  (Read 13832 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Transfer bug started
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:39:42 PM »
Atiba Taylor transferring.   It's starting already. 

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer bug started
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
Starting already??  This is a redshirt freshman that isn't going to play at all for 3 more years behind Q.  We should with him all the luck in whatever he does.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
He is a true freshman.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:50:43 PM »
Starting already??  This is a redshirt freshman that isn't going to play at all for 3 more years behind Q.  We should with him all the luck in whatever he does.
I would be worrying if Q or Simmons or Covington or Bohannon or Akuchie is transferring....

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 04:28:06 PM »
A transfer like this is sometimes a coach sort of maybe showing the guy the door with honesty of playing time.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 04:32:54 PM »
I remember hearing that Atiba was the big get in the 2018 freshmen class,however it was easy to see that Q and Simmons were more ready as frosh.   Hate to see Taylor leave but as a point guard he is 3rd on the depth chart and like anyone else he doesn't want ride the pine.   I wish him well and look forward to if coach brings in another in this class or next.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:28 PM »
May be we can use his scholarship to bring in a big guy for the much needed inside game

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 06:38:57 PM »
Q took the job and never looked back. Morgan back for another year so Atiba saw the handwriting on the wall.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »
Add Antwan Maxwell Jr to the list. Saw that one coming...

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 06:14:14 AM »
Add Antwan Maxwell Jr to the list. Saw that one coming...
From Vindy today:
Youngstown State’s Atiba Taylor and Antwan Maxwell Jr. have entered the transfer portal, school officials confirmed Wednesday night.

When athletes enter the portal, they declare that they are open to transfer. Taylor appeared in 11 games this season and averaged 1.9 points per game as a freshman out of Hackensack, N.J. Maxwell, a junior, appeared in 28 games and averaged 3.4 points per game. YSU was his third school after previously playing at the College of Central Florida and Charleston Southern.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 06:38:25 PM »
I agree that Maxwell leaving was evident.  He's 6-7 225 and liked to hoist up threes  rather than playing inside and at 24% you sort of have to scratch your head.
I never feel good about a player leaving because you never know how they could develop.  Noe Anibar as JC transfer had a miserable junior season yet was a real contributor this year and maybe Maxwell might have been that type ?    Same goes with Atiba.   Might have developed by his 3rd year.

Going to keep an eye on verbalcommits.com and see if coach can find anyone late.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:26:15 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 08:43:59 PM »
Two transfers in a weeks time. Never a good sign. Let's hope it stops here with transfers. We have no option but to get inside help in order to improve.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
Not surprised about Maxwell at all.  Seemed like his size went to waste.  He seemed to just want to jack up 3's, and his playing time decreased as conference play went on. 

You hate to see Atiba Taylor go especially being just a freshman.  He seemed to have potential, and I thought maybe would get some more PT, but really never did as Quisenberry became the go to guy. 

Will be interesting to see how Cameron Kane-Johnson fits in next year. 

You have to wonder about Juniors like Hampton and Holcombe.  Hampton was very impressive in non-conference and was our best 3-point shooter, but his PT really dropped in conference play and didn't even dress for a several games.  Seemed to struggle shooting the ball as well.   

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 03:24:49 PM »
I wasn't going to mention any names but mudclods  brought up Holcombe who I wondered if he was likely to transfer since his playing time reduced as the season went on.  Coming out of JC he led the nation in blocks so I was excited but did not see those results.
Who Knows he could have a great season like Anibar did this year so If he's inspired and puts in the work then go out with a great senior campaign.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »
Hampton and Holcomb transfering.   Makes 4 so far