Author Topic: Vindicator Article on Basketball Today  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Vindicator Article on Basketball Today
« on: November 03, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
The Vindicator is up to their old ways; down on Youngstown and YSU most of the time.  With the Basketball article today, I don't think we need any enemies for sure, the Vindicator is it. Some of what he says is true, but for the local paper to focus on only the negative at the beginning of a new season is poor for sure to me. In my opinion I don't think the Oakland Gym is that great and I don't think Beeghly Center is that bad.  I have been to Akron and Kent also and both don't have the atmosphere and color that Beeghly does.  In the winter we all need some bright lights to enhance the winter mood for sure.  What Beeghly needs most of all is to replace the roll out bleachers on both sides, not the red seats, and I think it would be fine.

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator Article on Basketball Today
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:14:33 PM »
Beeghly Center is outdated and needs gutted.  The ceiling is so low you cannot see the scoreboard from half  way up the stands.  The bleachers are an embarrassment.    Hopefully in the next few years YSU will do something to enhance the place.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindicator Article on Basketball Today
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
I too felt like the article was too negative especially before the season even started.   How about focusing on the players and the potential of this season instead of ripping on Beeghly since the Vindy has been silent all preseason.   very weak vindy.