Author Topic: Indiana State  (Read 31497 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana State
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »
There are several players on this roster who are wasting a scholarship to put it plain and simple. That's what Bo has created. He made this mess and now he can't get out of it and is only blaming the players. Arrogant azz hole. Needs a nice long look in the mirror.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 08:36:28 PM »
I am not sure but I think that it would be hard to play for Bo Pelini even if things were going well.

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 08:53:03 PM »
I am not sure but I think that it would be hard to play for Bo Pelini even if things were going well.

Why do you think Nebraska wanted him gone even while he was winning 9-10 games a year?  Strollo should have been gone years ago, but now he has godfather sweatervest there to protect him now

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:30 AM »
“I’ve never been so disgusted in my whole life” - after Bo said that after Illinois state last year thought he’d turn the program around, but almost exactly 1 year to the date his team gave another disgusting performance and he said almost exactly the same thing... sigh.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:19:19 AM by Kandrase »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 12:20:22 AM »

I heard from someone that a current player said Bo took the fun out of football at YSU

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 12:48:19 AM »
After todays highlights its safe to say he has taken the fun out of watching YSU Football too!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:49:00 AM by goodnews »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »
Mays fumbling three times on the same play and having it returned for a long TD is a perfect summation of the season.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 08:49:25 AM »
It would be nice if Bo took the podium yesterday and admitted that his offensive coordinator and defensive coordinators game plan was a collection of garbage. Last week Bo gave Donald D. a star award for coaching and said he's the best around
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:25:14 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
It would be nice if Bo took the podium yesterday and admitted that his offensive coordinator and defensive coordinators game plan was a collection of garbage. Last week Bo gave Donald D. a star award for coaching and said he's the best around
As widely shared in the private industry..... If you did not recognize the right guy, you pissed off one person. If you recognize the wrong guy, you pissed off everyone.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
After todays highlights its safe to say he has taken the fun out of watching YSU Football too!

That's the worst part. I used to drive hundreds of miles to watch this team play. I looked forward to trips like that for MONTHS.

Yesterday I paused the game at half time and went outside for a couple hours. I had a pretty good feeling we would fade, and we did. The problem was I was already resigned to it, and worst of all its getting to the point where I wasn't even that upset.

I expect this kind of thing now. Its been normalized. I think I am going to see undisciplined play, and I do. I think I am going to see mistakes, and I do. I think I'm going to see our coach come unhinged on the sideline and I do.

I've been a fan for 28 years. I've been in that stadium in all kinds of weather, with some VERY small crowds, and watched some very bad teams. I've also seen some of the best football one could hope to see.

I'm to the point now where I can take it or leave it. And that should break my heart. But it doesn't, and I'm still trying to come to grips with why that is.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »
Double ET that's a valid point!! Is it just me or can anyone else not see the proper adjustments being made in game and at halftime with this coaching staff? Boyle coming into this game was a very capable Qb throwing the ball..Did we just assume the sycamores would run all day? Bo should have put in Mays to start the second half..Not sure why O.C. let MVG sling the ball all over the place in the 3rd.. the running game was effective with Tevon and the sycamores could not stop it..seems like we get away with what works best on offense at times

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »
I tailgated 26 straight years. Gave more than my share of money.  Built my fall around Penguins football.  I moved last year and realized there is other things I could have done.  We as supporters should have asked for accountability especially after the 90’s run.  We didn’t capitalize on it and Penguin football has gone back to their traditional mediocrity. Sadly they have lost most of the fan base and I feel that the powers to be don’t care and don’t know what they are doing.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 05:08:46 PM »
I bet those verbal commits for next year are really excited to join such a vibrant program.  Hahaha!  Bo and the staff lost me last year.  I haven't been to a game in two years and have ZERO plans to come back anytime soon.  I will however attend some basketball games this year:) Winning and exciting play brings fans.  Why would anybody want to sit in the cold and watch such an awful team?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
Haven't been to a game all year. Don't plan on it either as long as Bo and current staff are coaching. Why waste your money ?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2018, 07:35:16 PM »
Bo has good relationships with his players.  Not so much with administrators. 

His problem is that he hired rookie coaches because we don't pay "Jack Squat" to the staff.  You get what you pay for.  We are  getting what we deserve when it comes to coaching salaries
 Sorry, but had to say it.