Author Topic: WIU Post Mortem  (Read 7908 times)

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
WIU Post Mortem
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:13:18 PM »
4th qtr and pass coverage looks like a Chinese f'n fire drille

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: WIU Post Mortem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:16:00 PM »
Good QBs are going to set records against this defense

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
Really missing hegedus and our other safetys right about now..

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »
Looks like this could be one of our worst years in a long time. I honestly don't see us winning a game the rest of the year. The defense is just as bad this year as it was under previous coaching staff. It's hard to watch

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 08:34:17 PM »
Well I do like the fight in this team. Obviously it was not in the game plan to throw close to 60 times, but that's what happens when you play from behind and your running game is none existant. Vangorder was just taking what the defense gave him. Let's face it the leathernecks are a bottom feeder in this league and if we can't improve our running game and defense we will be lucky if we can beat the sycamores

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 08:48:57 PM »
Hard to believe we were in the championship game not that long ago.

Wow have we fallen fast. So sloppy.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »
Won't win another game all year.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
I'm also sick of hearing Bo continue to say "We have too many blown assignments". Well then FIX IT. Find a kid who can do it right. These coaches stink. Half of them aren't even qualified to be assistants.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
Just my .05 worth:

1. We gave up 475 yards. on D. Do we have a defensive coordinator?
2. Only had 55-yards of rushing, yet San Surin, Alessi and Turner had only 1 carry each? Do we have an offensive coordinator? We try to run an offense like the former OC, yet have no "lightning" to go with our "thunder". This is why WIU was in the backfield on every play, not that the o-line helped.
3. 3 turnovers? No wonder we set a passing record and still lost.
4. It is nice to know that VG has really taken some strides and we can win a game through the air when we have to (he never gives up on a play), but we should not have to. Is this YSU, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma State?
5. Coverage was above average (still missed assignments though), kick-offs and punts were excellent, FG's were 1-1. I know it was a 41-yard attempt, but Kennedy used to have that kind of leg. The ball barely got there, which can easily account for accuracy. When he missed in the past, the ball sailed past the uprights. Special teams have been solid though; ST coordinator doing his job.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:05:39 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »
I'm also sick of hearing Bo continue to say "We have too many blown assignments". Well then FIX IT. Find a kid who can do it right. These coaches stink. Half of them aren't even qualified to be assistants.

I think you are spot on. Sad but true. I don't see things improving under these assistants.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 10:59:38 AM »

I think you are spot on. Sad but true. I don't see things improving under these assistants.
They probably were not coached right to understand their assignments in "various" situations - these guys simply just could not read the plays.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 04:21:40 AM »

They probably were not coached right to understand their assignments in "various" situations - these guys simply just could not read the plays.

Well, when you have the worst safety to play for us now coaching the secondary.......what else would you expect? D'alisio was constantly out of position when he played for Wolford......people were always behind him.......Now he is coaching them.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 06:19:58 AM »

Well, when you have the worst safety to play for us now coaching the secondary.......what else would you expect? D'alisio was constantly out of position when he played for Wolford......people were always behind him.......Now he is coaching them.

I was so glad that #8 finished his eligibility. He was awful. I simply could not believe that they hired him back part time. It was even more unbelievable for us to hire him as a full time coach. If he didn't drop that potential interception right in his hand, we would have been in the playoff and Wolf might still be here.

I am on the academic side. This is like we hired our worst graduate to come back to teach part time for us and a year later, we hire him as full time professor. At the end of day, we blame our students for not being able to perform, Sherlock !

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 06:38:56 PM »
I think he was the right guy to bring back, just not ready for this much responsibility as of yet.