Author Topic: season tickets  (Read 6418 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
season tickets
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
Waited to he last minute but just ordered my 4.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: season tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »
We always get 4 tickets (a couple come with the Penguin Club membership), tailgate spot and the Penguin Club comes due at this same time

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »
Had to move to the west side of the stadium for this year, the east side will be closed for construction.

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »
East side probably not needed this year. Interest in team seems to be low. So-so season last year, early spring practice with no spring game has had negative effect.  And with the first 2 home games being garbage games at 2PM don't expect a lot of people.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
I would not read too much into things. This is a season following a non-post-season year, but that is very common. THe 2p start time on the opener does bother me, as it is a noon start in Columbus. However, we need to realize two things that never seem to come up ion our conversations:

1. Some pregame activities (especially any type of fly-over) cannot occur at night.
2. The start times are probably more for the opposition. This means they only need to stay over one night (which saves YSU money) and the opposing players will not have to make a long bus trip the same day prior to the game. Additionally, their drive home will still be in the daylight, which is also important.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:46:34 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
I am ok with a 2 start, would prefer 1 for EVERY game. Allows me to do things before and after the game. I dislike 4 and really really really hate 7.

Visitors will be seated more to the freeway side of the stadium.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 11:17:11 PM »
7pm night games are what the kids live for. Gets the biggest crowds, especially for a decent opponent. Fyi, I wish they would move the students back over to the west side. Band as well.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
Had to move to the west side of the stadium for this year, the east side will be closed for construction.

Did they give you a discount for having to move?

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
2. The start times are probably more for the opposition. This means they only need to stay over one night (which saves YSU money) and the opposing players will not have to make a long bus trip the same day prior to the game. Additionally, their drive home will still be in the daylight, which is also important.

Correct.  This is probably the biggest factor.  I personally prefer the 6:00 start early in the season, and then 12:00 once the cooler weather settles in.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:17 PM »

Did they give you a discount for having to move?

Gave us chair back seats, we can switch to other seats if we do not like them. Will hold our old seats on the eats side for us.