Author Topic: YSU's Derek Rivers  (Read 12631 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:09:01 AM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU's Derek Rivers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »
You read about ********s in sports every day.  It is wonderful to read a story once in a while about somebody who is truly great!  Extra special when he is one of our own!  I'm proud to have attended the same school as Derek Rivers!  God Bless people like him!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »
An all-time YSU great.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »
An all-time YSU great.
Without question!  Both on and off the field!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »
a class act....I hope he will play well this year (hopefully, he gets to play in the Superbowl).

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »
a class act....I hope he will play well this year (hopefully, he gets to play in the Superbowl).
Not sure I agree on your super bowl point.  For New England to make the SB, they would have to eliminate my Browns!  (yeah, yeah, I know, I know)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
Browns might have a chance for SB if they re-sign Johnny the Man (read that he plans a come back) this year.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Browns might have a chance for SB if they re-sign Johnny the Man (read that he plans a come back) this year.

Why did you spell #1 Overall Draft Pick in 2019 as "SB"?

:o

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »

Why did you spell #1 Overall Draft Pick in 2019 as "SB"?

:o
In case Browns decide to draft Johnny Manzel again as their #1 pick for QB thinking he could take them to the promised land (SuperBowl) this time.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 09:28:55 AM »
They have a great chance at the SB.......IF they get their ticket order in on time!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
GREAT STORY.  Hope he recovers from his surgery and plays this year.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »
As I sit in my office waiting for a 12:30 tee time, it occurs to me to ask this question:
Is it reasonable to expect, ask, or even demand the Youngstown Vindicator cover this story with at least as much attention as they did the Ray Issac story or the Malik Richmond story?  Hey Vindy (and Tribune) you have a GREAT story here.  MANY would enjoy reading something about a sports personality that isn't Tristian Thompson screwing a different 'ho while Khloe is in labor.

Hey local media:  Wake up! YSU is a very positive influence and a constructive contributor to the economy & social fabric of the Mahoning Valley.  YOU NEED TO CELEBRATE IT!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 12:33:21 PM »
As I sit in my office waiting for a 12:30 tee time, it occurs to me to ask this question:
Is it reasonable to expect, ask, or even demand the Youngstown Vindicator cover this story with at least as much attention as they did the Ray Issac story or the Malik Richmond story?  Hey Vindy (and Tribune) you have a GREAT story here.  MANY would enjoy reading something about a sports personality that isn't Tristian Thompson screwing a different 'ho while Khloe is in labor.

Hey local media:  Wake up! YSU is a very positive influence and a constructive contributor to the economy & social fabric of the Mahoning Valley.  YOU NEED TO CELEBRATE IT!

go guins:

Great reply - bad news items are always placed in the news and newspapers. This is a special good deed done by a respected YSU sports star and no mention in any local newspapers. Why???

I know Derek Rivers is not looking for any attention, but people like to hear about the good done in is world. WAY TOO GO DEREK!!!

Offline edpuskas

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »
We've reached out to Derek multiple times since he was drafted by the Patriots, most recently during the run-up to the Super Bowl. We have been told the Patriots declined to allow him to talk to us because he was injured and not on the active roster.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
We've reached out to Derek multiple times since he was drafted by the Patriots, most recently during the run-up to the Super Bowl. We have been told the Patriots declined to allow him to talk to us because he was injured and not on the active roster.

Ed: thanks for the explanation on Derek. The article on Derek showed his gracious and caring way to help a person he didn't even know.