Author Topic: 2018 Football Committement  (Read 39165 times)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Football Committement
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
Before we get all sexed up on this OSU TE transfer, I have two words of caution:  Louis Irizarry
Apparently what could have been a very sad story seems to have a happy ending, but from a football prospective it was a bust.

Wow really ??? Comparing this kid who has had zero off the field issues to a guy who was sent to prison. Classy.
I could give a sh** less about off field issues.  I was about the only guy on here for giving Richmond a second chance.  My note was about Irizarry being a highly recruited TE at OSU who was -0- on the field, who transferred to YSU and when on to be a bust on the field here too!  The QB at Pitt and Hawkins from OSU were both highly recruited and total busts at the 1A schools, one, both, or neither of them could do something at 1AA, but there is absolutely -0- guarantee.   Go look at the hype when Trent Hosick was a highly recruited QB for then national power Missouri.  He was a -0- there, OK at JUCO and basically -0- here. 

All I am saying is don't get to sexed up over somebody else's bust.  To be candid, we were all excited to get the LB Pollock or Pollard or whoever to transfer and so far -0-.  Same for Durkin, so far -0-  Maybe the transfers will contribute, maybe not.  In my recollection we have had better luck with linemen as JUCO transfers than skilled players.  (mostly kids who can play, but needed academic help)  And truthful, I don't recall having much luck with 1A transfers at any position.
Going back to the Irizarry issue as it relates to the Richmond issue.  We gave both a chance, and the first one, Irizarry is a classic example of a kid growing into a responsible adult and being a success.  Chief, you take a shot at me for "classy"  Well, IMO your knocking Louis as a criminal IS classless. based on what he has done since.   I hope the same for Mil'ik

Wow so now your taking shots at kids who get injured and are going to still have 4 years left to play after their redshirt year and a medical redshirt.  Injuries happen it’s football not cheerleading. But to take a shot at a kid and say he’s contributed Onis classless. You have no idea how he helped on scout team or in the meeting room.
You want to take a shot at coaches or the administration, go for it they are adults and are getting paid a salary. But leave the kids alone, unless of course your name is next to Mayfields on the Heisman
First, lets be clear, injuries DO happen in cheerleading!  Now you are disrespecting the cheerleaders!
I said the kids in question haven't contributed on the field. That is a simple fact, My quote was"   "was -0- on the field".  I also said "one, both, or neither may contribute"  Tell me that is classless, not true or a knock against the kids in question.  You seem out to attack me, I have better things to do the f*** with you, so I'm out.  Maybe later.

No shot at you
Since you add absolutely nothing to the board and attack everything and everyone. Hopefully your maybe later turns into a hopefully never

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »
Add another. Zach Farrar. A 6-3 WR. Was a 3 star recruit out of high school with major offers. Chose Oklahoma last year and redshirted then transferred down to JUCO for this past season. Was also drafted in the 26th round in the MLB Draft. Big pickup!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:33:57 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
Add another. Zach Farrar. A 6-3 WR. Was a 3 star recruit out of high school with major offers. Chose Oklahoma last year and redshirted then transferred down to JUCO for this past season. Was also drafted in the 26th round in the MLB Draft. Big pickup!

Was a Mississippi State commit at one time. Big time player

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2017, 08:24:11 PM »
Very big. Especially since we lose Bailey, Patterson and Derrik.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
Who did we get?  Trevor Parks tweeted about a big get and he usually sits on the sidelines for this kind of stuff
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:32:22 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Look at my posts a couple up. Zach Farrar, a WR who was at Oklahoma last year.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2017, 05:36:09 PM »
Look at my posts a couple up. Zach Farrar, a WR who was at Oklahoma last year.

Thanks!