Author Topic: South Dakota  (Read 67662 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
South Dakota
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
Time to turn the attention to the Coyotes. They've beaten a terrible Bowling Green team, and ranked teams in North Dakota and Western Illinois. The dome is always a tough place to play. Should be a good matchup.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
They are definitely improved.  The Minnesota transfer is a dangerous dual threat quarterback, but I doubt that his targets are anywhere near the caliber that we faced last night.  And they have not met a defense as tough and as fast as ours.

If our oline plays with the intensity and the efficiency that they demonstrated last night (and I believe that they will,) it will be bad news for any defensive front seven in this league that does not call Fargo home.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:31:53 AM »
They are definitely improved.  The Minnesota transfer is a dangerous dual threat quarterback, but I doubt that his targets are anywhere near the caliber that we faced last night.  And they have not met a defense as tough and as fast as ours.

If our oline plays with the intensity and the efficiency that they demonstrated last night (and I believe that they will,) it will be bad news for any defensive front seven in this league that does not call Fargo home.

I think it is difficult to replicate intensity.  There are too many individual factors involved.  However, I believe the key to beating this team is to test their depth.  We need to be physical and manage the game in a way so we keep it close till the 4th quarter.  I think things will break loose later in the game.  We just need to make sure we are getting the # of plays in each series on offense so it starts to take effect.  This team is much improved and they play tough in their dome. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
They've been close to beating us in the past so this team better be ready to play off the bat.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 01:38:01 PM »
Charles Barkley had a comment on the YSU/South Dakota game.  He accidentally said Angola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgLVkcecP8g

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »
Charles Barkley had a comment on the YSU/South Dakota game.  He accidentally said Angola.

confusing Angola - South Dakota, it's an easy mistake anyone could make. 
Wasn't it the Angolian that Sir Charles wacked for pushing him in a game we were up 50-60 points? 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »

Wasn't it the Angolian that Sir Charles wacked for pushing him in a game we were up 50-60 points?

Yeah I think it was but he still meant the Coyotes.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »

Yeah I think it was but he still meant the Coyotes.
Honestly, the Coyotes (or "Coyots" as they say it) is a lot better nickname than the SDSU bunnies.  Barkley would have wacked the S _ _ _ out of the bunnies! 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
They've been close to beating us in the past so this team better be ready to play off the bat.

Agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »
This is a classic trap game. 

Coming off a big win, huge game coming up back at home... They can't look past this game, they're a top 10 team on the road and they have some impressive wins already (not Bowling Green).

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
I agree this is a trap game.  They gave the jarheads just 33 yards on the ground.
The QB had 32 pass attempts and 24 rushes.  That's a lot of handles for a QB.  Second most rushes was a RB with 12. Streveler leads he team in attempts, rushing, and has 10 TD and 0 INT.  No question who we will need to stop.
As almost every FB game, it will be important to control the line of scrimage both ways.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 10:44:39 AM »
People talking about getting College Game Day to come to YSU next week for NDSU. Last time we tried this, we ended up losing the week before. The boys better be focused.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »
People talking about getting College Game Day to come to YSU next week for NDSU. Last time we tried this, we ended up losing the week before. The boys better be focused.
They will be focused. We are 6 point underdogs Chief!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 01:48:46 PM »
They will be focused. We are 6 point underdogs Chief!
I understand point spreads are a function of where the money is flowing, not "favorites", but  +6 for us against USD seems wrong!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
The game is sold out. Gonna be a tough environment.