Author Topic: Around the Nation  (Read 3859 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Around the Nation
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
Here are some interesting scores and stories:

Furman 45 Colgate 14: In my day this was an expected, assuming Furman started back-ups the entire second half. Colgate is down this year & folks, what ever happened to the once best team in the SoCon.

JMU 28 Maine 10: JMU struggled the first half.

ILS 34 Missouri State 9: Easier than I expected.

Weber State 41 UD-Davis 3: Weber looking like a post-season club.

Albany 19 Villanova 10: I have no idea what to make of this. Albany is playing well this year; but this is Villanova.

Eastern Washington 48 Montana 41: Tale of 2 halves. Montana dominated in the first-half and EWU in the second.

What scores got your attention?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Around the Nation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
The Western Illinois and Coastal Carolina Game, along with the Memphis and SIU game got my attention. I will also say, Illinois state was having trouble with Missouri State in the first half. It was a tie game at halftime, so that is definitely a tale of two halves as well.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »
1AA, I'm not so sure Villanova isn't over rated.  Missouri State is terrible so ISU easy win isn't a surprise, and EWU may have one of the worst defenses in 1AA!  They are giving up 39.5 points per game, and that's a LOT. 
Surprise scores?  Central Conn. State won 57-6   Tells me all I need to know about Walsh!  NDSU was 35-0 on Bobbie Morris after 1 quarter.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 04:25:29 PM »
How long has Walsh been NCAA? I thought they were NAIA, but it say they are DII. Interesting.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
How long has Walsh been NCAA? I thought they were NAIA, but it say they are DII. Interesting.
You mean on paper, because they are still NAIA on the field!  Pretty sure Fitch or Mooney could take them.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!