Author Topic: Richmond Suing  (Read 77591 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond Suing
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
It should be noted, Richmond is still on the roster at http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/roster
I never noticed him off it and last looked like 3 weeks ago. Not sure it is relevant because even if he did quit the team, if they convinced him to come back it could have all happened faster than they even got the roster updated anyway.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
I didn't see him on there about a week ago or so.  WKBN reported he was off the roster.  Doesn't really matter.  This thing is bigger than the university.  It is a rights issue.  The football coaches could say that he can't play for other reasons though, just not for his past.  It is totally irrelevant
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:27:39 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
Bo and JT want him on the team and want him to play. It's pressure from the losers outside that don't give a crap about football who are making a fuss.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
Let people protest. What, all 10 of them are really gonna make a difference ? Nobody goes to the games anyway lol.
http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/ticket-package In a effort to get more people in the stands our athletic department has come out with a conference ticket package full of goodies..including bobblehead dolls of Moss and Rivers ..They should let everyone in free for the C.C. St. game that wants to go that doesn't have a ticket.
Do the loyal season ticket holders get any of these goodies?

I remember reading about this exact thing happening with the Columbus Blue Jackets. They were giving away all kinds of good stuff until the season ticket holders started complaining that they were the loyal ones and got zero. YSU takes us season ticket holders for granted with not even a kind "thank you".

That is the reason why most people on this board have been complaining about the sport marketing effort. Heck, even Trump is sill going around to thank his base supporter.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
It should be noted, Richmond is still on the roster at http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/roster
I never noticed him off it and last looked like 3 weeks ago. Not sure it is relevant because even if he did quit the team, if they convinced him to come back it could have all happened faster than they even got the roster updated anyway.
Based on some reports, he received supports from many of his teammates. I read the judge's order. The judge indicated that he should be given equal opportunity as other players implying that coaches should play him just like any other players if he is good enough.
If he is better than his teammates and he was not played. It might cause morale problems for the team especially when his teammates thought he should have been in the game. Another law suit could be coming for not adhering to the judge's order.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2017, 06:25:43 PM »
The Appeals Court has just ruled for Richmond and against the university.  Time to move on and focus again on football.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
I know a lot of teammates love this kid and want him to play. As Wick said, time to move on and play football.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2017, 08:55:08 PM »
If he has been practicing well and is good enough to play, then I hope Bo gets him out there tomorrow. Let's move on folks!

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »
He played. And when he had a tackle and they struggled announcing his name

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »
He played. And when he had a tackle and they struggled announcing his name

He came in sometime in th 3rd quarter and played till end of the game. They did not announce his name when he entered the game. They did announce his name when he made the tackle.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Maybe we can move on

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
One person who can't move on is @FootballScoop who went on quite the Twitter rampage this evening over Bo and his decision to play Ma'lik in today's game. Pretty bold accusations made in his tweets that I would love the local media to refute if they are not true.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 06:46:09 AM »
http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/  The staff at footballscoop usually gets their story right before they print. They had Bo picked to be our coach when know one else did. At the end of the day Bo is the captain of the ship and it was a coaches decision with playing Richmond. Bo works in mysterious ways, look at the one farewell snap he gave Ruiz in last years playoff game. Chief could be right here, there could be a war going on between JT, Strollo, administration and Bo..Hope that's not the case!! Footballscoop even went on the say Bo, an assistant coach and some players drove down to Stubenville and begged Ma'lik to reconsider shortly after he quit the team
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:28:42 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
I don't buy it.  I think everybody is on board on this and Pelini wouldn't go rogue on the university.  Tressel and Pelini are in to giving these young men a second chance.  Unfortunately the media and Social media want to create a problem so they can promote their agenda and have something to write about. 
A Penguin for life!!!