YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (36/36)

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on September 28, 2017, 03:43:15 PM ---I know this game is long past, but a point I am wondering about is the lack of penalty calls at the end of games or just in general.  If you watch the Pitt game on the play of their score in overtime, our number 4 is being held.  If that is called an entirely different game possibly.  Also in the Eastern Washington game last year on the Rader catch, he is definitely being held and again no call. In both cases almost no mention of these calls or non calls.  Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

--- End quote ---

agreed

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 28, 2017, 07:58:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on September 28, 2017, 03:43:15 PM ---I know this game is long past, but a point I am wondering about is the lack of penalty calls at the end of games or just in general.  If you watch the Pitt game on the play of their score in overtime, our number 4 is being held.  If that is called an entirely different game possibly.  Also in the Eastern Washington game last year on the Rader catch, he is definitely being held and again no call. In both cases almost no mention of these calls or non calls.  Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

--- End quote ---

agreed

--- End quote ---
The ones that go against you are always the most noticed.  I believe the officiating this season has been generally quite poor.  Not bias, but poor.  We had a ton of no-calls that could have gone against us in each of the last 2 games.  Along with some very questionable ones that did go against us.  That crew last week thought we bought tickets to see them referee! 
I think the Rader no-call against EWU was perhaps the most blatantly bad missed call I've seen in YEARS.  Ref was right there and ate his flag!  That was a HORRABLE no-call, but nobody talks about it because we got credit for the catch and won the game. 

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on September 28, 2017, 03:43:15 PM --- Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.
--- End quote ---

What made that call so bad was that two series earlier they didn't call interference on NDSU.  Wells threw about a 40 yarder to Harvin down the YSU sideline, and the NDSU corner had a big chunk of Harvin's jersey in his hand as  the ball was getting to him.  If you're not going to call that one, then you can't call the one that went against YSU.  The inconsistency is what had Bo so upset.

The YO Show:

--- End quote ---

Said it before and will say it again, that was a huge thing. It was third down for them in OT and he threw it up and the wideout for Pitt made a great catch, but it should have never happened. The hold was so blantant. Anyway I have a great picture of it saved but can't post it on this site. It is an excellent picture of it.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 29, 2017, 01:56:12 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Said it before and will say it again, that was a huge thing. It was third down for them in OT and he threw it up and the wideout for Pitt made a great catch, but it should have never happened. The hold was so blantant. Anyway I have a great picture of it saved but can't post it on this site. It is an excellent picture of it.

--- End quote ---

If you have the picture saved to a site or service (like Google or Yahoo photos, wndows photo) you can post the picture as follows:

Click on the icon above the smiley's that is for Photos (picture of a photograph) and paste the image URL between the "img" and "/img" tags. There will be brackets, not quotes on the tags ...please leave them for the URL to show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version