YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (35/36) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
I just got home(central Florida) from my OSU/Hubbard/YSU football weekend and suprised but not shocked at the reactions relating to Hunter Wells.  He made a terrible decision on his last throw but he made a lot of great throws to bring us back.    Without Wells we're not competitive in this game.

Side note.   Heinz field = pretty women.     Bloomington Indiana = Not so much.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on September 05, 2017, 09:35:24 AM ---I just got home(central Florida) from my OSU/Hubbard/YSU football weekend and suprised but not shocked at the reactions relating to Hunter Wells.  He made a terrible decision on his last throw but he made a lot of great throws to bring us back.    Without Wells we're not competitive in this game.

Side note.   Heinz field = pretty women.     Bloomington Indiana = Not so much.

--- End quote ---
Bloomington must be really terrible, because other than cheerleades I didn't see much in PITT! 

Penquin68:
Was at the game and what I saw was a Pitt team that was bigger than we were in just about every position.  To hold our own in the game was a success in my opinion.  For the most part the defense was in position to make plays but the size factor hurt us, especially in the first half.  Not sure what the difference was in the second half, but we sure looked better. Probably adjustments by our staff on defense and personnel changes. The defensive backs did well I think and will be ok as time goes on. On offense Hunter played well, but left some things on the field that could have really changed the game and gave us points in the first half to make it a different game overall. But the Pitt QB didn't look that good to me and will cost them if he doesn't improve. I think we will be fine this year.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on September 05, 2017, 12:48:09 PM ---Was at the game and what I saw was a Pitt team that was bigger than we were in just about every position.  To hold our own in the game was a success in my opinion.  For the most part the defense was in position to make plays but the size factor hurt us, especially in the first half.  Not sure what the difference was in the second half, but we sure looked better. Probably adjustments by our staff on defense and personnel changes. The defensive backs did well I think and will be ok as time goes on. On offense Hunter played well, but left some things on the field that could have really changed the game and gave us points in the first half to make it a different game overall. But the Pitt QB didn't look that good to me and will cost them if he doesn't improve. I think we will be fine this year.

--- End quote ---
Roster for roster, size is about the same.  There is something about the YSU uniforms that make us look smaller for some reason.  I notice it a LOT, not just at Pitt.  We are big enough, but the uniforms don't do us justice.  BTW, IMO the Pitt uniforms are among the very best in football, any level. 

Penquin68:
I know this game is long past, but a point I am wondering about is the lack of penalty calls at the end of games or just in general.  If you watch the Pitt game on the play of their score in overtime, our number 4 is being held.  If that is called an entirely different game possibly.  Also in the Eastern Washington game last year on the Rader catch, he is definitely being held and again no call. In both cases almost no mention of these calls or non calls.  Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version