Author Topic: Football Transfers  (Read 5180 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Football Transfers
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »
Justus Reed, a 6-3 240 DE has transferred from the University of Florida to YSU. Didn't play much for the gators. He will compete for a starting job here. 2 years of eligibility remaining. Wouldn't be surprised to see some more transfers come in the next few weeks.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:59:42 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football Transfers
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
Good news. Fits a need nicely. I'm sure he was aware of the 2 names called during the draft.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
I'm sure he was aware of the 2 names called during the draft.
That's a good bet!
We need DE's and he needs PT.  You're right, seems like a good fit.  We have a couple good looking Freshman coming in, but at 215 lbs.  This guy has had some time in the wight room and is 240.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
Multiple injuries worries me. It looks like his best two games last year were the first and last. That is hopefully a good sign, as he was injured during (or just after) that first game. Then he healed up and had a few good sets during the bowl game. So the doctors must have felt he was healthy.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
Multiple injuries worries me.
Your concern is 100% valid.  Couldn't fine exact nature of injuries, so no idea if this is cronic or not.

I went back and watched his HUDL video.  It is 2 years ago HS video so not very relevant, but I couldn't get over the number of fat lethargic officials in Clearwater FL.   Pitiful!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:58 AM »
Your concern is 100% valid.  Couldn't fine exact nature of injuries, so no idea if this is cronic or not.

I went back and watched his HUDL video.  It is 2 years ago HS video so not very relevant, but I couldn't get over the number of fat lethargic officials in Clearwater FL.   Pitiful!

Wow, really ?.....

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »

Wow, really ?.....
Really
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1911582/5721abafdfe23b2d68778344

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »
Justus was dealing with a knee injury and once he got back healthy he was buried on a very deep and talented depth chart at Florida. A fresh start will do wonders for him.