Poll

Biggest win with Jerry as HC?

2010 Toledo
2011 Butler / NCAA Runner Up
2012 George Washington
2012 Georgia
2013 Oakland / CIT First Round
2016 Akron

Author Topic: Biggest Highlight of the Slocum Era?  (Read 9208 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Highlight of the Slocum Era?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »
I haven't been to a game in years. Why go and be one of the 250 fans to watch players give two craps about defense and chuck up a bunch of 3 pointers ?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »
Last time I watched a men's basketball game at Beeghly they still had the old scoreboard. I don't know how long they have had the new one, but as soon as Jerry is gone I'll start attending some games again. There's just no excitement in that building with only a hand full of people there.
So you are kind of the reverse Yogi Berra?  "Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded."  So you don't go until everybody else goes first?  Fans are fans, followers are followers, you have yourself clearly classified.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
I haven't been to a game in years. Why go and be one of the 250 fans to watch players give two craps about defense and chuck up a bunch of 3 pointers ?
What you are describing is the current state of basketball, at all levels and all sexes. (I think only 2, we don't have trangender BB yet, do we?)  Run a pick and roll with the ball handler driving into the lane, pass out to somebody camped on the 3 point line and chuck up a 3.  Go to a high school game, college game, WNBA game or NBA game, it's exactly the same.  Between the easy 3 point shot and "one and done" in MBB at the college level, they are killing a once great game. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!