Author Topic: Student Ticket Package  (Read 10369 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Student Ticket Package
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:43:48 AM »
See http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/fcs-student-travel-package, but:

The Athletic Department is excited to announce a travel package for YSU students interested in attending the 2017 NCAA Division I Football Championship Game on Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.

This first-come, first-served package is for current students and recent Fall 2016 graduates. The cost of the trip is as follows: Double occupancy (two per room) is $150 per person; Triple occupancy (three per room) is $100 per person and $75 per person for those who are willing to have four share a room.

The price includes round-trip bus transportation, two nights lodging in Plano, Texas, and one game ticket. Meals are not included. The University is covering the cost of the game ticket and transportation.

To reserve a spot, students must call the YSU Athletic Ticket Office at (330) 941-1978 starting at noon today with credit card information and a valid student-ID banner number. Only one ticket will be provided per banner number. The YSU Athletic Ticket Office is open on Thursday until 5 p.m. and on Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Ticket Office is closed on Monday, Jan. 2.

If a student wishes to travel with another student, please provide the Ticket Office with your roommate preference. However, all students must call separately to reserve their spot on the trip.

The trip departs the YSU campus (behind Beeghly Center) at 4 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5, and returns immediately following the game on Jan. 7. Those making the trip need to be at Beeghly Center at 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 5. There are no refunds. Parking will be available in the M-90 Lot.

The general-admission tickets are located in Section 121 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco.

Not a bad deal. I called the ticket office just to inquire and it turns out this is space limited to 75 students. But that's still better than none.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Student Ticket Package
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
Give the athletic department some credit. Better late than never....

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/fcs-student-travel-package

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:44 AM »
Sorry chief I posted the same topic 11 seconds before y ou  ;D :o

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
Give the athletic department some credit. Better late than never....

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/fcs-student-travel-package

It's a really good deal...covering the costs of transportation.  I wonder if the students who go will have a section together.....I doubt it.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
As I mentioned in thread I created about this, I called them. All the seats are together in section 121. But there is only 75 openings for this package. Still better than nothing and it is a really good deal. As a current YSU student, I considered dropping my flight and hotel bookings I made yesterday (still within 24 hours of cancellation) and doing it. It meets all my requirements for when I need to leave to go and be back lol. I'm not doing that though. I'm sticking to my flight. Rather give someone else the opportunity that couldn't afford it otherwise.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »
It is a good deal. Only 75 openings though ?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:16:35 PM »
From what the woman who I spoke to said at 11:40 (before the 12 pm announced start for the packages), she said it is space limited as they only have 75 tickets.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
Mods, I suppose you can delete this thread as it is a duplicate now, and the discussion is occuring on the other.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:20:04 PM »
Yo..all of your non-food/beverage/souvenir budget for all 3 of you would be $300 total.  You sure? Glad to hear they are seated together.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »
It is a nice gesture, but a little late.  I already have my tickets and arrangements.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:32:32 PM by penguinpower »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
Nation, yeah I'm sure. My girlfriend, while a student, is notorious for getting sick on long car trips let alone a long bus ride. Plus, the other person going with us is a former student (graduated a few years ago with undergrad) and is not subject to the package.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
huh, I noticed from the update page, that they sold out already. Sold 125 packages. So they were still limited but looks like the woman I talked to was off by 50 tickets...

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »
huh, I noticed from the update page, that they sold out already. Sold 125 packages. So they were still limited but looks like the woman I talked to was off by 50 tickets...

Makes sense. Typical athletic department bs.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 01:41:38 PM »
So they have to update the page and say "how excited they were they got this put together and how all 125 tickets sold out"... Lol, some nice PR cover up after the disaster they started in the first place.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
From twitter, I can see other YSU students that booked their flights, hotels and bought tickets are REALLY salty they didn't even have an opportunity to go with this really cheap package. I'm glad they did it don't get me wrong, and it was a good gesture. I just think I remember some word last week about it being a possibility they would have a student ticket package. Nothing was guaranteed and alot of people booked without waiting due to the relative uncertainty.  Wish they would have offered the package sooner, JMU had packages almost immediately. But this is better than nothing, and was probably quite the dream come true for all the students that rushed to get this package. SO a pretty good thing overall.

Next time they get to Frisco, hopefully we see more of this and sooner