Author Topic: While in Frisco  (Read 6616 times)

Offline 4lessgovt

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
While in Frisco
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
Can we keep this thread about Frisco?  We, 8, arrive late Thursday and will stay in Plano by the shops at Legacy.  Looking for recommendations from fans who have been there before.   Should we rent cars?  Do they have a good Uber system?   Any attractions we should see?   Should we tailgate inside or outside stadium? Also, has YSU announced any fan events?

Offline BisonTru

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: While in Frisco
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »
If you're coming in the Dallas/Ft Worth field, I would rent a car. It'll cost you just as much to taxi up to Plano and back. They have Uber and that's the way to get around if you're drinking.

The Legacy area has a lot of bars. Most of them walking distance from one another. Ringo's, Scruffy Duffy's, ect. Lot's of sit down restaurants as well.

Tailgate outside of the stadium. The haven't served alcohol inside in the past although some folks on the JMU board are claiming they will this year. They do have hospitality wrist bands that have a special lounge you can purchase and drink adult beverages (drinks must remain in the lounge). There are a few people on bisonville and elsewhere that have them for sale. I'm assuming you guys will be assigned the east lot to tailgate in. (Blue lot)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:55:33 PM by BisonTru »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:24:13 AM »
You can start tailgating at 7:00AM...

7 a.m.   Parking lots open   Toyota Stadium Lots Red, Blue and Green
8:30 a.m.   NCAA Experience Gates Open          (NCAA Experience Ticket required)   Toyota Stadium River Club
8:30 a.m.   Youngstown State team arrival and walk to stadium Along Lamar Hunt Way between World Cup Way and Toyota Stadium
8:30-11 a.m. NCAA Experience VIP Hospitality Event (NCAA Experience Ticket required)   Toyota Stadium River Club
8:45 a.m.   James Madison team arrival and walk to stadium   Along Lamar Hunt Way between World Cup Way and Toyota Stadium
9 a.m.   Gates open to public   Toyota Stadium
9 a.m.   Tailgate Town opens   Toyota Stadium - North Concourse
9:50 a.m.   Youngstown State Pep Rally   
Tailgate Town – Toyota Stadium North Concourse
10:10 a.m.   James Madison Pep Rally   Tailgate Town – Toyota Stadium North Concourse
11 a.m.   Championship Game   Toyota Stadium

TAILGATING
Tailgating is a longstanding college football tradition and will be allowed in stadium parking lots. To ensure that fans have a safe and enjoyable experience, spectators are asked to adhere to the following regulations on game day, unless specifically authorized to do otherwise by the NCAA:

• Possession and consumption of alcohol in the Stadium parking areas is subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Texas and/or City of Frisco. Police will patrol these areas and enforce all applicable laws.
• No kegs or other common source containers.
• No tents larger than 10’ x 10’ and must be located in front of a parked car or within the four spaces allocated to a recreational vehicle.
• Tailgating activities that take up vacant parking spaces or interfere with pedestrian or car traffic flow within or around a parking lot are prohibited.
• Parking permit holders are responsible for functions they host in their parking spaces.
• Open flames other than grills are not permitted.
• Pop-up tents and canopies must be secured or dismantled if left unattended.
• Lots open at 7 a.m. All spectators are encouraged not to come before this time as traffic lineups will not be permitted. Parking lots will stay open after the game, but all vehicles must be off property by 11:30 p.m. that night.
• All cars in the stadium parking lots must keep their parking pass displayed at all times, or be subject to towing.
• No corporate signage is permitted at any time unless prior written approval by the NCAA has been obtained.
• No couches or upholstered furniture.
• Spectators who want to watch television or use other entertainment devices that require electricity are allowed to do so as long as they provide their own power and video sources.
• No outside food vendors are allowed without the permission of the NCAA or Toyota Stadium.
• Pets are permitted but must be kept on a leash at all times.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:25:03 AM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:22 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about a YSU party Friday night anywhere?

GO GUINS!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline 4lessgovt

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
🐧 Night Before Championship Game YSU Social Gathering 🐧
When: 6 Jan 2017 (6 pm central)
Where: BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse 1101 N. Central Expressway, Plano, Texas, 75075

On Friday, Jan. 6, the evening before the title game, YSU alumni, friends and family will gather at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse 1101 N. Central Expressway, Plano, Texas, 75075. Festivities
begin at 6 p.m. Central.

RSVP for this event to jmleviseur@ysu.edu or 330-941-2136. 

Go Penguins! 🐧

ytowngirl

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »
Use an UBER if you are going to drink.  I know a lot of ytowners drink and drive but be smart about it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 11:41:51 AM »
Use an UBER if you are going to drink.  I know a lot of ytowners drink and drive but be smart about it.

Uber is awesome.  I haven't taken a taxi in years.  I was told once by an Uber driver that the Uber GPS program intentionally prolongs routes.  My favorite is Lyft which is less expensive.  If you want to really save, you can ride-share on either.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

ytowngirl

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »

Uber is awesome.  I haven't taken a taxi in years.  I was told once by an Uber driver that the Uber GPS program intentionally prolongs routes.  My favorite is Lyft which is less expensive.  If you want to really save, you can ride-share on either.

Either have we.  Used in all the time in San Diego when we lived there and while traveling all over the country.  Way better than a DUI.  Most drivers are super nice and it's great if you aren't from the area.  Usually they are good with pointing out places to go/eat/see. 

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 01:15:26 AM »
Fans headed to Texas for the game are invited to YSU’s official tailgate party at Tailgate Town in Toyota Stadium, Northeast Terrace, Section 133. It starts at 9 a.m. Central. A game ticket is required to get in.

YSU alumni, friends and family will meet at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse in Plano, Texas the night before the championship.

RSVP to either or both Texas events by calling 330-941-2136 or emailing jmleviseur@ysu.edu.

YSU is encouraging fans to wear red and businesses to display red all week leading up to the game in support of the Penguins.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
CHANGE IN PLANS!!!

On Friday, Jan. 6, the evening before the title game, YSU alumni, friends and family will gather at Urban Rio Cantina & Grill 1000 East 14th St., Plano, Texas, 75074. Festivities begin at 6 p.m. Central. RSVP to either or both of the events at jmleviseur@ysu.edu or 330-941-2136.

THE DRIVE FOR 5