Author Topic: Ticket Sales/Attendance ??  (Read 21784 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Ticket Sales/Attendance ??
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »
PNC Bank and Youngstown State President Jim and First Lady Ellen Tressel are proud to provide 1,000 complimentary tickets to YSU students for this Saturday's playoff game at Stambaugh Stadium. The Penguins will host Wofford in the quarterfinal round of the FCS Playoffs at 2 p.m.

Students with a valid YSU ID can pick up their free ticket at the YSU Bookstore or the Stambaugh Stadium Athletic Ticket Office beginning at 5 p.m. on Monday. The YSU Bookstore is the preferred pickup location as tickets available there will be to prime seats, and students can avoid lines at the Athletic Ticket Office.

After the 1,000 complimentary tickets are claimed, students can purchase one ticket at $5 at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office in Stambaugh Stadium. All additional tickets are $18 before Saturday and $20 on the day of the game. For the postseason, the YSU student section will be located in Section 6 on the west side of Stambaugh Stadium.

PNC Bank also sponsored free student tickets for the first-round victory over Samford on Nov. 26.

YSU Bookstore Ticket Pickup Availability:

Monday – 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday – 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday – 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday – 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday – 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday – 10 a.m. – kickoff

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
Youngstown-area Pizza Hut restaurants are proud to partner with the Youngstown State University Office of Veterans Affairs to provide 300 complimentary tickets to Saturday’s home playoff game at Stambaugh Stadium. The Penguins will host the Wofford Terriers at 2 p.m. in the quarterfinals of the FCS Playoffs.

The first 150 active or retired military members to come to the Stambaugh Stadium Athletic Ticket Office can pick up two free game tickets with a valid military ID. The tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Ticket Office is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Friday.

For information, call (330) 941-7227.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
Just ordered mine around 6:05 and they were still open. She said two things:

1. they picked back up after 5 (makes sense, they should realize people work and provide even hours).

2. She said it has been much more busy than last home game already.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:38 PM »
Got my tickets today at 535. Still was a small line with 4 tellers... Didn't take long to get waited on but thought that was a good promising sign. Guy I usually talk to was giving tickets out and he told me that they already had given out more student tickets (over 500) yesterday than they entire week for the Samford game.

I asked for my buddy, who was planning on getting his student ticket on Saturday, if you can even get a student ticket on Saturday and the guy said while you could if there were student tickets left, he predicts that either tomorrow or the next day the student section will be sold out.

I'm thinking a good turnout. Though I work in Akron, there are more ysu engineering grads at my company than Akron grads by a large margin. My one coworker (he's actually higher up than me, but is in a different Dept. so not really my supervisor) bought 18 tickets for all the ysu grads in his Dept. I spoke to alot of the grads and everyone was hyped and said they were going. Should be a good turnout. I don't even care if some of them are band wagon. The more fans the better and this team deserves it.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
Got my tickets today at 535. Still was a small line with 4 tellers... Didn't take long to get waited on but thought that was a good promising sign. Guy I usually talk to was giving tickets out and he told me that they already had given out more student tickets (over 500) yesterday than they entire week for the Samford game.

I asked for my buddy, who was planning on getting his student ticket on Saturday, if you can even get a student ticket on Saturday and the guy said while you could if there were student tickets left, he predicts that either tomorrow or the next day the student section will be sold out.

I'm thinking a good turnout. Though I work in Akron, there are more ysu engineering grads at my company than Akron grads by a large margin. My one coworker (he's actually higher up than me, but is in a different Dept. so not really my supervisor) bought 18 tickets for all the ysu grads in his Dept. I spoke to alot of the grads and everyone was hyped and said they were going. Should be a good turnout. I don't even care if some of them are band wagon. The more fans the better and this team deserves it.

Great to hear! I also heard the student tickets were going fast!

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:12 PM »
Doing my part.  Bringing about 20 people to the game that were not at the Samford game:)  Sent out a facebook message and have set up a mini reunion of sorts in the tailgate lot.  Looking forward to seeing you all at the Ice Castle.  We will be the group in the tailgate lot playing the YSU fight song!  Come say hello!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 06:27:35 PM »
Just called to order 5+ tix. All the computers were processing other orders so they were going to complete later this evening. Rick Love on Vindy Talk Radio today said that, as of this morning, there were already more tickets purchased than the Samford game. So as of this morning, at least 5,322 sold. As of Tuesday morning, it was 3,300 per WFMJ.com, so ticket sales appear to be going much stronger than 2 weeks ago.

Link: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/07/rick-love/?radio

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
he predicts that either tomorrow or the next day the student section will be sold out.

That would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it.  That would be the largest student turnout of all-time at YSU.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 12:33:42 PM »
Getting a good vibe for attendance this week. A lot of people really getting the word out.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 01:11:58 PM »
Getting a good vibe for attendance this week. A lot of people really getting the word out.

I'm also noticing a lot more people wearing YSU gear around town. It's great to see that.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »
I have a customer in Portland Oregon that sent me an e-mail this morning with a Wofford Terrier logo on it as a dig!  I fired off a Fear the Penguin shot of Pete and told him, "don't mess with the Quins!" 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 04:00:25 PM »
he predicts that either tomorrow or the next day the student section will be sold out.

That would be awesome, but I'll believe it when I see it.  That would be the largest student turnout of all-time at YSU.

I mean it would be insane, but they are already almost out of the free student tickets (of which there were 1000).

Per YSU penguin pack twitter at 10:09 a.m. today: "ATTENTION STUDENTS: There are only 20 FREE student tickets left at the bookstore!!!"

Offline QuincyCarrier2017

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 05:08:16 PM »
Hello My Name is Quincy Carrier Senior at YSU I've been at the 50 yd line in the 1st row at the student section for the last 3 years ( http://imglink.ru/show-image.php?id=a77c1b92e707d50846209fb56b46b5e3 ) . I also was at the JSU game. It's Official now the 1,000 free student tickets have sold out already. The hype for the game on campus is huge everyone is excited. I also a lot people in the athletics office and they seem pretty confident they should get 10,000 to 12,000 people at Saturdays game. I will be at the front of the student section this weekend and starting most the chants if you have any request please let me know! We got to make sure the Ice Castle is rocking Saturday!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 05:48:58 PM »
Quincy, I know you haha. I've been to many games before. If you saw me in person you would know who I was. I've stood next to you many a home game.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 05:54:23 PM »
Hello My Name is Quincy Carrier Senior at YSU I've been at the 50 yd line in the 1st row at the student section for the last 3 years ( http://imglink.ru/show-image.php?id=a77c1b92e707d50846209fb56b46b5e3 ) . I also was at the JSU game. It's Official now the 1,000 free student tickets have sold out already. The hype for the game on campus is huge everyone is excited. I also a lot people in the athletics office and they seem pretty confident they should get 10,000 to 12,000 people at Saturdays game. I will be at the front of the student section this weekend and starting most the chants if you have any request please let me know! We got to make sure the Ice Castle is rocking Saturday!

Let's hope, it's been awhile. Go crazy these playoff games are rare.

Use imgur bud. People may find you sketchy posting links to a Russian hosting site haha.