Author Topic: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!  (Read 186721 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to 2016 FB Season!
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2016, 08:13:58 AM »
Accordion to the Vindicator this morning, Mictchell and Wright received probation for misdemeanor charges. Both will have perform 150 hours of community service.
Mitchell lost his scholarship and was suspended for the team. Wright is still with the team.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
Accordion to the Vindicator this morning, Mictchell and Wright received probation for misdemeanor charges. Both will have perform 150 hours of community service.
Mitchell lost his scholarship and was suspended for the team. Wright is still with the team.
Better than I expected.  Not sure what we lost in Mitchell, but Wright is a player!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2016, 10:07:55 AM »
Wow.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/23/judge-chides-ysu-football-players-for-fi/

What an ignorant judge.  Some quotes:

“I don’t know why young men think they need to have a gun,” Judge Kobly said. “This isn’t the wild west.”

She also was upset that he had a gun that could fire a lot of bullets in a short period of time.

“You’re a college student. You’re supposed to be better than that,” Judge Kobly said. “You’re not some street thug who walks around with a gun in his car.”

This judge obviously is ignorant of firearms, made a ruling based on her misinformation and phobias, and whose "street thug" comments damn near border on racist. 

The two players were guilty of negligent use of a firearm, and I do think the punishment is appropriate. 

However....

A semiautomatic weapon (which these guys had) fires one shot with each trigger pull, not "a gun that could fire a lot of bullets in a short period of time."  She is describing an automatic weapon, illegal without certain special permits that are rarely granted.

She doesn't know why they need to have a gun? Because it's a Constitutional right, and self-defense is a basic Human Right. 

This woman is a sorry excuse for a judge.  Just sayin.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
That is a libtard at it's best.  I am a gun toting NRA member.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »
Me like my boomsticks.  :D
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
"and whose "street thug" comments damn near border on racist." 
I didn't know "street thug" referred to blacks or minorities?  I thought I could grow up to be a white street thug?  Oh darn, now I have to find something else to asprie to!
“I don’t know why young men think they need to have a gun,” Judge Kobly said. “This isn’t the wild west.”
Well, perhaps we should take up a collection and buy her a TV.  You watch the evening news and it damn sure seems like the wild west most nights!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »
Shooting a gun off from a car on a college campus ? Yes, very dumb.

Owning a gun legally ? Perfectly fine and thats none of her damn business why they own a gun. Shut up lady.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2016, 11:37:36 AM »
Shooting a gun off from a car on a college campus ? Yes, very dumb.

Owning a gun legally ? Perfectly fine and thats none of her damn business why they own a gun. Shut up lady.
ditto
 yes they did d really dumb thing, but she is NOT incharge of creating a new constitution.  I'll keep the one we have now, thanks!   

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:27 PM »
The judge isn't the problem here.  The did a dumb thing and honestly I think they should have both been kicked off the team for good.  There is a difference between being stupid with a weapon vs being responsible with one.  But let's be honest here.  They got s slap on the wrist and the star lb got off cause the other kid took the rap for shooting it.  Look who the Lawyer was for the defendants isn't that name Sound familiar LoL!  Go YSU!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2016, 10:07:18 PM »
Something about the article doesn't sound right... it states

"Neither had a criminal record before they were arrested in May after a university police officer heard gunfire and saw a car drive away from the sound of the gunfire. The officer followed the car and searched it and found a semiautomatic handgun in the trunk. Reports said Mitchell admitted to firing the gun, and the gun belonged to Wright. "

Then further on it says

"When he was sentenced, Judge Kobly asked Mitchell why he had a gun in the car, and Mitchell said he forgot it was in the car. Mitchell said he got the gun in South Carolina and wanted to get a concealed-carry permit in Ohio. Cassese said Mitchell comes from a rough neighborhood and wanted the gun for protection when he was home."

So... how did Wright own the weapon if Mitchell got it in South Carolina???

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2016, 10:42:04 PM »
Yo, that article came from a Vindicator news writer, not a sports writer.  Obviously, he mixed up Wright and Mitchell in that second paragraph.  Guy probably never saw a YSU football game in his life and is totally clueless.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »
Something about the article doesn't sound right... it states

"Neither had a criminal record before they were arrested in May after a university police officer heard gunfire and saw a car drive away from the sound of the gunfire. The officer followed the car and searched it and found a semiautomatic handgun in the trunk. Reports said Mitchell admitted to firing the gun, and the gun belonged to Wright. "

Then further on it says

"When he was sentenced, Judge Kobly asked Mitchell why he had a gun in the car, and Mitchell said he forgot it was in the car. Mitchell said he got the gun in South Carolina and wanted to get a concealed-carry permit in Ohio. Cassese said Mitchell comes from a rough neighborhood and wanted the gun for protection when he was home."

So... how did Wright own the weapon if Mitchell got it in South Carolina???

You can buy guns in Ohio and in South Carolina without a permit or registration.  I suggest that if you are a gun owner NEVER register the gun because if someone takes it from you, at a minimum you have some liability in the matter.  Never register the gun as it will protect you.  The only time it must be registered is if you buy it "NEW" from a dealer.  The best way is to buy it unregistered from a dealer/private owner unused.  Registered guns are used to track and take it from you.  I have many many firearms. Break onto my house and you've got problem.  None of them registered, all legal.  When the US government passes laws against citizens that have firearms they could take yours as they do in other countries.  Take a history course if you do not understand.....you will see.  Talk to people in other countries..you will see.  I am a military veteran and I follow the laws and understand the significance of what I am stating.  While those kids were acting irresponsibly and need to mature, 100 years ago it would be an issue but no big deal....just a group of dumb kids.

This wont make sense to many but perhaps a few
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:57:38 PM by penguinpower »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:04 AM »
Yeah wick I agree they got it mixed up lol. Dead giveaway by looking at which one was from where (with wright being the one from SC).

Power, I am aware that Ohio doesn't register guns. I am a legal gun owner myself, although I don't conceal carry. I have been mulling over whether I want to get a permit so I can or not, and I've just been really against it for the extra hassle. Granted, I am giving up some security in areas where it is legal to conceal carry and I could if I got my permit but the hassle just has me avoiding the whole thing. Thank you for your service.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2016, 12:10:50 AM »
8 days!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:13 AM »
8 days!
ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!! And not a minute too soon!  One thread is back and forth for weeks over Hunter or Ricky, with no physical evidence or reason to support either, and one thread has digressed to an explanation of Ohio gun laws.  If the Penguins are as frustrated and ready to go as their bloggers, I pity Duquesne.