Author Topic: Ladies vs. UDM  (Read 5239 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Ladies vs. UDM
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:44:01 PM »
Well the gals have become somewhat of a disappointment this year. Look to be mid-pack in HL at best. Just how many time are we going to be down by 15+ at the half (or just after the half)?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:45:09 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ladies vs. UDM
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:10:27 PM »
Well the gals have become somewhat of a disappointment this year. Look to be mid-pack in HL at best. Just how many time are we going to be down by 15+ at the half (or just after the half)?

Disappointment? I wouldn't say that at all considering how young this team is. The disappointment is on the men's side with Slocum and company.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39:33 AM »
UDM had only 8 players on their active roster but never seemed to fade at the end.

I think even Barnes might concede disappointment.  I predicted another WNIT invite and Barnes leaving/upgrading after this season, but there has been regression from last year.  It's a young team that is 3/4 Frosh or Sophomores...so the future is very bright....but Barnes had two seasons to prepare for Schleigel's (a Bolden recruit) departure.  Barnes just isn't filling Bolden's shoes, who took a winless program to the WNIT 3 years later.....and now has OU 35th in RPI.

As far as the MBB program goes.....JS got win #700....the team is improved......a good way to end his career at YSU.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »
Half the men's team will probably transfer out again!  What good if the team is upgraded if we lose half the roster every year!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 11:44:20 PM »
Half the men's team will probably transfer out again!  What good if the team is upgraded if we lose half the roster every year!!!

This thread is really a thread about the ladies ...not anti-slocum, but if he is given his year, the team will be fine, if not ...depends on who takes over.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
Not anti-Slocum, just tired of the same excuses year after year.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 12:41:50 PM »
I'm surprised the Freshmen aren't more of a factor after 20 games.  They have contributed very little up to this point.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
I'm surprised the Freshmen aren't more of a factor after 20 games.  They have contributed very little up to this point.

It's very tough for freshman to contribute in college basketball, even more when you talk about women. Unless are physically advanced, it takes some time.