Author Topic: Will Mahone back at YSU ?  (Read 16495 times)

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Will Mahone back at YSU ?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
Give the kid a second chance, if it works out, it benefits the young man going forward and secondly the YSU football program.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
He's getting his degree here already, and was a hell of a football player so why not?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »
I wonder how many of those who don't think Will deserves a second chance will vote for a corrupt politician who has done (and continues to do) infinitely worse.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:32:51 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
I am happy to see all the positive posts, good luck young man
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
I hate to be the cynical guy on this thread, but I wonder how many would be so enthused about paying for this guy’s free education if he couldn’t play football?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 10:58:44 AM »
Why should he be treated different than other scholarship FB players?  I actually think he (and all of the other  scholarship players) should receive FCOA.

If he wasn't playing FB, then obviously he wouldn't get a FB scholarship, but perhaps other forms of tuition assistance....and that I'd be fine with also.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »
Agreed. People deserve a second chance.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:17 PM »
Yet when Tanner (and others) was in the doghouse last year, many wanted him gone for good; but then again, he wasn't going to be an impact player so I guess he is expendable.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »
Yet when Tanner (and others) was in the doghouse last year, many wanted him gone for good; but then again, he wasn't going to be an impact player so I guess he is expendable.

He's a 3rd string QB and was never going to see the field. Just the way it is. He ended up finding a home.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »

He's a 3rd string QB and was never going to see the field. Just the way it is. He ended up finding a home.
The way I read this, ScarletRook and I are right.  Our benevolence and willingness to forgive and forget is strictly dependent on the person's ability to impact the football team.  IMO there is not much to be proud of in that attitude.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 05:53:19 PM »

The way I read this, ScarletRook and I are right.  Our benevolence and willingness to forgive and forget is strictly dependent on the person's ability to impact the football team.  IMO there is not much to be proud of in that attitude.

I disagree with you, a persons talent level makes no difference to me.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »

Well it sure doesn't matter to me. I've never heard of the kid until this thread.