Author Topic: Ysu 103 GB 93  (Read 11259 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ysu 103 GB 93
« on: January 09, 2016, 09:07:09 PM »
Cam goes for 44.  Great win.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Ysu 103 GB 93
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
Yes looked good. We tried top let them back in at the end, but caught ourselves.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 09:13:09 PM »
Yes looked good. We tried top let them back in at the end, but caught ourselves.

We had a 20 point lead but never used the shot clock to our advantage.

Cameron Morse is worth the price of admission.   We should nick name him "the price".

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 09:24:33 PM »
We gave up 20 offensive rebounds and had 17 turnovers.  Our bigs combined for 2 of 15 but Bryce Nickels had 10 rebounds.  Need some solid play down in the post from one of them with Bobby out.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »
Finally a replacement for KP.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »
Good win? Lol... I would say good performance by Morse. Saved the team.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
They were #1 in the conference and it was not just Morse. Look at the box score. Donlon's 25 points cannot be overlooked. People were on here predicting two conference wins. We are already at that point four games in to the conference tilt.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »
To put Cam's big night in perceptive:

-Most points scored by any HL player this season.

-Most points scored by any D1 player this season is 46.

-Most points from a YSU player since Reggie Kemp scored 46 in 1993.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »

Not sure you are wrong, but if you are saying that we are a one-man show ...I do not agree. Look at Kauffman's double-double against Oakland, Donlan has had 3-games over 20, Umude is playing well and Andrews has some inside game and is scoring. We just need to stop giving our opponents season-high points.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
Cameron was flatly incredible!! He penetrates well and makes things happen. Nichols is another with raw talent that maybe will give improvement to our inside game.

I first predicted 3 conference wins, but now I believe with the up tempo playing; 6-7 wins maybe a possibility.

I still expect a lot of inconsistencies or up and downs, but the team has become exciting.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
Cameron was flatly incredible!! He penetrates well and makes things happen. Nichols is another with raw talent that maybe will give improvement to our inside game.

I first predicted 3 conference wins, but now I believe with the up tempo playing; 6-7 wins maybe a possibility.

I still expect a lot of inconsistencies or up and downs, but the team has become exciting.
He is a taller version of Kp. He is exciting to watch.

Nickels needs to improve on his offensive game. Right now, he reminds me of Damian Eargle when he first joined YSU..Good defensive player but no very good in his offensive skill. He later developed his step back jump shot from 10 feet out.

I hope Nickles can do the same. He also needs to learn to finish around the basket.IMO, right now, his shots are ugly.... threw the ball toward the basket and hoped for the best.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
Not saying that we will be going to the sweet sixteen, but it is funny how all the Slocum haters are quiet. Will go win less in the league, total of five wins yadda yadda yadda. On his way to 800!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
We are still 7-10 overall with some bad losses.  Still only think 5 or 6 conf wins at most.  Hopefully I am wrong but have to look at reality and how we always fall apart 2nd half of Horizon schedule every year.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 11:12:45 PM »
Not saying that we will be going to the sweet sixteen, but it is funny how all the Slocum haters are quiet. Will go win less in the league, total of five wins yadda yadda yadda. On his way to 800!

Oh boy lol

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 08:40:12 AM »
We are still 7-10 overall with some bad losses.  Still only think 5 or 6 conf wins at most.  Hopefully I am wrong but have to look at reality and how we always fall apart 2nd half of Horizon schedule every year.
[/quote

IMOP the only real bad loss was to American.  We would beat them 8 out of 10 times.  The Michigan score was ugly and we're not that bad.  You may be right since there's a lot of Horizon league games to go.  Going forward can we expect our shooters to continue to put up big numbers ?   Must cut down on turnovers and need to COMPETE on the boards.

Anyone know how long Hain will be out ?    Is he a redshirt possibility ?   Are the writers from the Vindy allowed to ask ?