Author Topic: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.  (Read 114726 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 06:20:36 PM »
NDSU coach Klieman was very concerned about playing Youngstown St and said it's going to be a challenge especially at Stambough Stadium.

the video should hit at this site sometime this afternoon https://www.youtube.com/user/NDSUAthletics/videos
Thanks for sharing. I've always had a great deal of respect for coach Klieman. He tells it like it is and never leaves a stone unturned when discussing a upcoming opponent. He covers every aspect imaginable to have his team ready to play. All of our weekly press conferences in the past under Wolford and now Pelini are short in detail and never have any valuable information kind of like someone  talking in circles. It was smart on the university's part to have him as the coach in waiting
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:48:57 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.
Is this the guy who was tweeting a few weeks back he wanted Wolf back?

Is this the guy who leaves early to go watch a high school game? You won't even be there the whole game this week again.
Would you rather me not show up at all like 95% of our "fan-base?"

I have no problem supporting both of my alma mater's each weekend.

Go Irish! Go Guins!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 11:42:15 PM »
If Montgomery thinks he can lineup and try and run the ball and hit NDSU with the play action, he's sorely mistaken. NDSU fans have been saying they struggle with mobile QB's. Davis needs to play, and play a lot.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
  Agree completely with the previous post.  I hope I am wrong, but YSU is going to struggle to move the ball.  We need turnovers, a great defensive effort, and maybe a special teams score to win.  We haven't beaten a team with a winning record, no quality wins, and now we face the 4 time defending champs.  ND State may not be what they once were, but they are still very good.

They went into SD State and dominated a team that overwhelmed YSU.  It seems when they have to turn it up, they do.  Also the Bison are playing for homefield, and conference title, and potential bye in the first round.  What am I missing here?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
Also agree. I am disappointed that the MSU game was spent trying to reform Wells rather than groom a QB with the skill set to win.

As Sun Tzu wisely wrote, " all battles are won or lost before the Warriors take the field."
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:06 AM »
Your missing that they are not invincible--although a trip to Bisonville would tell you that they are and there is no reason to even play the game.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:16 AM »
I'm just saying, with the O-Line problems we have had this year, and the play calling we all know Monty to have. We can't try a counter here, a jet sweep here and then have Wells try and throw us to victory. NDSU may not be as good as it was in the past, but its still pretty damn good. Gotta be able to throw a wrinkle in and let Davis go in for maybe 2 or 3 series in a row. Let him throw the ball! To say he doesn't know or understand the offense is ludicrous. He's been here 3 years.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »
Look at who leads the MVFC in passing efficiency:

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/ind-conf.pdf

Wells has thrown an INT in every MVFC game.  He threw two in the USD game, and two versus MSU (one called back due to an unrelated opponent penalty).  He has thrown two pick 6's......but he's going to deliver the near flawless execution required for the NDSU game?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »

Wells has thrown an INT in every MVFC game.  He threw two in the USD game, and two versus MSU (one called back due to an unrelated opponent penalty).  He has thrown two pick 6's......but he's going to deliver the near flawless execution required for the NDSU game?
Is DAVIS going to deliver flawless execution???  Davis is the backup for a reason.  He isn't as good as Wells.  You guys treat this like: "what the heck is wrong with Montgomery?  Why does he play Hunter Wells when he has Russell Wilson on the bench??"  Nothing against Ricky, but he's no Hunter Wells, much less Russell Wilson.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »

Is DAVIS going to deliver flawless execution???  Davis is the backup for a reason.  He isn't as good as Wells.  You guys treat this like: "what the heck is wrong with Montgomery?  Why does he play Hunter Wells when he has Russell Wilson on the bench??"  Nothing against Ricky, but he's no Hunter Wells, much less Russell Wilson.

INTs:

#6:    7
#12:  0

Davis w/ a higher % completion rate.

Yards rushing:

#12:  120 yards (fourth leading YSU rusher)
#6:     minus 40 (!)

http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/2015-16/teams/youngstownst?view=lineup

The best predictor of future performance is past performance.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »
C'mon man?!?!?!  You can't possibly be serious.  Take away the surprise 85 yard TD and Davis is averaging LESS THAN 10 PASSING YARDS PER GAME!!!  You want to drop Hunter's 200 yards per game in favor of Ricky's less than 10 because "The best predictor of future performance is past performance." 
Not to mention the fact that to take your advise, we would be agreeing that you are better qualified to be the HC than is Bo??  Really?  I bet even you don't actually believe that!
Most popular guy on most any team is the backup QB, UNTIL they get the start!  I remember all the chants for Brady Quinn, Charlie Fry, you name it, every back-up is great until he starts.  Read the press in Dallas after Romo hurt and how good We-done was going to do as a back-up. 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 03:09:06 PM »
Go Guins,  just presenting the facts. Did u watch the video from NDSU? Did you hear them discuss Wellls' shortcomings?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 03:56:24 PM »
Go Guins,  just presenting the facts. Did u watch the video from NDSU? Did you hear them discuss Wellls' shortcomings?
What, you think the decision on starting QB should be taken away from Pelini and given to NDSU??!?!?!?!?!

Of course Wells has shortcomings.  So does Tom Brady, although granted, somewhat less than Hunter.  In fact, what they said about Brady coming out of Michigan was a lot like what you guys are saying about Wells.  Can't run, OK but not strong arm etc.  and I quote "Summary: Is not what you’re looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility,"

I'm just saying that, IMO, your premise that since Davis has -0- interceptions he's the better QB is nieve and silly. Good grief, I don't have any INT's either! 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »
That video.

1. This is FAR from our super bowl. How arrogant can you be to even say that? Even if we had 5 or more losses, this would not be our super-bowl. This is senior day, we would have the seniors in all game. We have to win 4-in-a-row to even be mentioned as a possible post-season candidate. NDSU happens to be game #3.

2. Talk about their players from Nebraska. Do they even care that Pelini is at YSU? Do you think that their HC is even going to mention anything about that? What kind of positiove mentlity can you develop by saying "Hey ...Pelini thought you sucked so bad he did not even recruit you". What kind of HS mentality are those two guys? Hey I hope their coach does talk extensively about Pelini not recruitng them, that is less time to talk about our team.

3. I also like the mention of our crowd. Well I have two things to say there.
- We should take notice that someone outside of Youngstown has mentioned & get our butts in the seats.
- Those announcers should realize that 75% of our fan base has never even heard of NDSU. So who we are playing is as much (if not more) of a factor in the low turn-out, than our own team's performance.

I will take that one step further and say that in a normal season ...where we are in the post-season ...NDSU will still be the second-lowest turnout...behind USD. Further yet, I would bet that OVER 90% of the fans (if YSU were to sell out all 21k+ seats) would NOT be able to tell you that NDSU has won the past 4-titles, or even more than 1. Again it is the talk of a self-absorbed group of announcers.