Author Topic: YSU @ SIU 10/24 7 pm  (Read 12598 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ SIU 10/24 7 pm
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
I agree , Fever. SIU will get yardage and they are going to score.  Trouble is if we have a QB who can be effective or an INT machine. YSU run game needs to show they are capable. Otherwise, they will lose.
I'm really praying for rain but it looks like it might hold off. Last time I checked there was a 34% chance from 7-10 with minimal winds of 5-8 mph. Two things here if you can't block and tackle you can't win football games it's that simple. What I've noticed with Wells is he's very effective when other players around him make positive plays and our play action is working. If they don't he starts forcing the ball and probably should have closer to a dozen picks. SDSU receivers were working their butts off to get open I just didn't see that from ours. Wells threw alot of balls low just for that simple reason. Hopefully both Eisenhuth and Newsome will be ready. Spencer  and Colucci's play has been solid but Fraser is still a work in progress. Just be thankful Webb and Ruiz have the speed to get to the edge on occasion. I just hope the player meeting helped and the players were able to get things off their chest. Obviously things have been well documented and yes Paladin it's toxic know doubt about it, but I sense diversion among some players in terms of playing time mostly on the defensive side then again maybe I'm wrong. Things won't get any easier next week got to get this one tomorrow night..Go Guins
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:58:35 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »
  Southern Illinois is bad, their defense among the worst in the nation, and potentially their best defender out the first half because of a targeting incident last week.   

This needs to be a convincing win.
Agree that we need a convincing win but don't really believe that they are that bad--all 4 of their losses have been by 3 points or less,including a 1 point loss to Big 10 Indiana.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
You are correct again, Fever. Wells was forcing it last year and  amazingly got lucky when the opposing Ds dropped easy INTs after INTs. Folks here thought he was good. He was just lucky. Very lucky. Now, he doesn't have as good of protection and he reacts ... not mobile... and makes bad decisions... accuracy has always been a problem... don't see that changing as time goes  on.

And I also wondered how players being good were kept off the field on D when they should get playing time. Internal politics is a team killer. That may well be a problem as you pointed out. Coaches need to be smarter, but I have my doubts.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 03:21:24 PM »
Certain fans need to be smarter ... I have no doubt!