Author Topic: Former Husker Fan  (Read 22275 times)

Offline bandres

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Former Husker Fan
« on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:21 PM »
I am so thrilled that the people here in Nebraska are just now finally admitting that firing Pelini was the wrong move.  I've said this the whole time since it happened.  People here were saying Pelini was too much of a hot head and this new coach is what Nebraska needed.  Far from it.....Pelini had passion for the game, and NU's new coach is just another nice guy that obviously can't coach after todays debacle.  YSU is lucky to have Pelini and I'll be following your program here on out.  WE MISS BO  !!!!!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Former Husker Fan
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:00:59 AM »
bandres,

We feel your pain.  Pelini is happy here working for an athletic administration that values him.  There is also the matter of having a university president who knows one or two things about football.  There have been no explosions with the media and there will not be.  In the football-rich and ethnic, Catholic culture of Youngstown, we actually value passion and emotion on the gridiron.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:05:38 AM »
They want Riley's head over there... And rightly so.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
I am so thrilled that the people here in Nebraska are just now finally admitting that firing Pelini was the wrong move.  I've said this the whole time since it happened.  People here were saying Pelini was too much of a hot head and this new coach is what Nebraska needed.  Far from it.....Pelini had passion for the game, and NU's new coach is just another nice guy that obviously can't coach after todays debacle.  YSU is lucky to have Pelini and I'll be following your program here on out.  WE MISS BO  !!!!!!!

I feel for Husker fans. Ever since the Bo was fired I knew that whoever got him was going to be winning, and Nebraska losing, in that deal. I am so happy he came back to Youngstown.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »

I am glad we have Bo too.  As long as none of the events off the field don't raise their head like when he was at Nebraska.  He wasn't pushed out at Nebraska solely because of wins/loses. 

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 06:11:35 PM »

Are they unhappy Bo is not there still.... Or questioning if Riley is the right man for the job? 

They could be linked for some fans, but from my roommate, who went to NU, being unhappy with Riley doesn't mean that some want Bo back....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »

I am glad we have Bo too.  As long as none of the events off the field don't raise their head like when he was at Nebraska.  He wasn't pushed out at Nebraska solely because of wins/loses.

What you need to understand and do son research on is the NU athletic director that transferred from University of Miami.  That guy is a worthless piece of sh** 💩.  Guy has a track record of disasters.

Offline Blo Pelini

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »

What you need to understand and do son research on is the NU athletic director that transferred from University of Miami.  That guy is a worthless piece of sh** 💩.  Guy has a track record of disasters.

He seems to be a Wisconisn guy, and that he became the AD at Miami after the NCAA investigation and issues with the football and basketball teams.   What other stuff happened there?  I would love to give my roommate some crap....

Offline k9_r

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »

He seems to be a Wisconisn guy, and that he became the AD at Miami after the NCAA investigation and issues with the football and basketball teams.   What other stuff happened there?  I would love to give my roommate some crap....

Nothing bad happened at Miami under Eichorst's time there. He wasn't there very long. Was not there during the trash which launched the NCAA investigation and was not there when Golden was hired.

DefendYoungstown

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
One of the best articles on how not to get fired as a head football coach (at least for awhile) - written by 'Fake Bo Pelini'

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/19/7245005/college-football-coach-hot-seat-avoidance

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 08:47:38 PM »
Another article related to this:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/2/7317659/nfl-college-coaches-jim-harbaugh-chip-kelly

Check out reason number 8 on that list... hahaha

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 11:37:02 PM »
Sorry  a little too much Nebraska and a little too little YSU. So I moved the thread. Pelini is gone from Nebraska and Stoops will be done in January. Youngstown or not, these teams are only YSU news if they schedule us.