Author Topic: Thoughts on Ways to Engage Students and Fanbase?  (Read 28742 times)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Ways to Engage Students and Fanbase?
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
I read where the NFL charges the Department of Defense each time it does a military tribute - ugh!
Would be nice if we could have a fly-over from the local reserve base.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
Did someone say "fly-over"? We have have all seen it, we know it is awesome. I say (if possible) do it on the opener, the veteran's day game (which is always televised as part of the MVFC network) and when we happen to get a home play-off game.
I remember that the Army Golden Knights used to deliver the game ball by parachuting down to the center of the field (landed on the penguin logo) before the kickoff. It was really cool.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
You are correct Rock. We read in the VFW magazine exactly that. The NFL commisioner makes $ 44,ooo,ooo per year. Is it any doubt that it bankrupts a working man & his family to see 1 NFL game ?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
You are correct Rock. We read in the VFW magazine exactly that. The NFL commisioner makes $ 44,ooo,ooo per year. Is it any doubt that it bankrupts a working man & his family to see 1 NFL game ?

Time to forget those cry-babies that need to throw for a yard and support you local college or university. :)

YSU is a better value for your buck and we run the ball!!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
IAA:

Forgot them a long time ago.  Just stating what they do for military recognition and concerned what would be charged to a university.  We have a good Army ROTC program.  Hopefully they could pick up on some of the suggestions.  I just don't suggest firing Penny out of the cannon.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »
IAA:

Forgot them a long time ago.  Just stating what they do for military recognition and concerned what would be charged to a university.  We have a good Army ROTC program.  Hopefully they could pick up on some of the suggestions.  I just don't suggest firing Penny out of the cannon.
Darn, I thought firing Penny out of cannon what a great idea!!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
IAA:

Darn, I thought firing Penny out of cannon what a great idea!!

Fixed that for you:

Darn, I thought firing Paladin Penny out of cannon what a great idea!!

Just kidding pally you're the best