Author Topic: Pitt @ Akron week after playing us  (Read 11363 times)

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Pitt @ Akron week after playing us
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:26:19 AM »
anyone else find this weird ? why the hell would they play @ Akron ? i dont get it

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt @ Akron week after playing us
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
not all that uncommon for MAC teams to once in awhile land a Power 5 at their home field as part of a home and home or sometimes a 2 for 1 type situation.  In recent years Minnesota alone has played at Bowling Green, Kent State, and Ohio (Athens).

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
While we play Robert Morris after Pitt.   So excited for that. 

Offline penguin4ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »

Strollo always has had excuses on why he schedules lower fcs schools. there is no excuse to not go after the likes of Villanova, Towson, Delaware and others. Those games would put more butts in the stands.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 10:12:38 PM »

Strollo always has had excuses on why he schedules lower fcs schools. there is no excuse to not go after the likes of Villanova, Towson, Delaware and others. Those games would put more butts in the stands.

yes there is ...nothing but money games and cupcakes until will make the post-season. 

Also Ohio State is playing a return baseball game at Cafaro. Yet we will all complain about schedules and 20 people will show up for the contests.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
Montana State is looking for a home and home opponent they are only paying 200k.  Travel expenses probably pretty high.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Montana State is looking for a home and home opponent they are only paying 200k.  Travel expenses probably pretty high.

how much do we pay non conference schools to play @ YSU ?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »

Forget it ...nobody cares about schools in the Dakotas that are in our conference. Do you think they would care about a school in Montana that is not. Besides, they would kick our a$$. Only scrubs and money games until we are a team.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
Besides, they would kick our a$$.

Not so sure about that
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
do we know how much we pay visitors for playing @ YSU ?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 11:42:14 AM »

$100 bucks and all the Pepsi they can drink, right IAA.

Just kidding I have no clue.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:27:29 PM »

$30K ...I think ...
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
Montana State would be great to play.    They are a playoff team and would give us strength of schedule points

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »

$100 bucks and all the Pepsi they can drink, right IAA.

Just kidding I have no clue.

I don't know. With Coke, we could get away with $100 ...with Pepsi they may want $250k and we agree to keep the soda pop ;)

Seriously though, we can pay the non-scholarship programs less than we could a contender. At $200k I would not go to Montana State. We could bus somewhere and get paid the same. Back when Tressel was AD, we were paying the DII's about $30k + expenses. That figure did go up as I recall, but do not remember the amounts.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:21:04 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »

yes there is ...nothing but money games and cupcakes until will make the post-season. 

Also Ohio State is playing a return baseball game at Cafaro. Yet we will all complain about schedules and 20 people will show up for the contests.
The majority of F.B.S. school's use the same approach with their non-conference schedule's to become bowl eligible and the F.C.S school's are really know different. I still think Y.S.U. needs to play a stronger non-conference slate to get them ready for M.V.C. play. Last year's games against Duquesne , Butler , and St. Francis did nothing to get us ready for Missouri St. and W.I.U and it showed...then finally we got thing's going. I just hope we're ready to play a much improved South Dakota team on the road after being home to Robert Morris and St. Francis. I just feel some of the top team's in our conference play a better non-conference slate then we do and it helps them in conference play and in the long run. Sometimes calculated risks are worth the rewards. plus it gives a team a more sense of urgency against a quality non-conference foe..It's really hard for the players to get up for some teams we play..But I do understand what Y.S.U. is trying to accomplish here..maybe down the road when we get back to the playoffs on a regular basis we can play a stronger non-conference schedule to help with attendance and a strong playoff push..it can't hurt