Author Topic: CONGRATS!! To the UNI Panthers!!  (Read 21248 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: CONGRATS!! To the UNI Panthers!!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »
Keep in mind that's a B.S. point. The incompetent AD oversaw Olympic sports for over 10 years while they sucked big time. Now you have one year of success while your revenue sports are struggling and call him a success ?  God, the sh!t is deep at YSU.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
I could go on and on.

What about the impact of the ADs incompetence on the surrounding community?  How much less revenue is Campus Book and Supply generating in apparel sales?  What about the MVR....C Staples....area grocery stores that sell tailgate food?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »
Keep in mind that's a B.S. point. The incompetent AD oversaw Olympic sports for over 10 years while they sucked big time. Now you have one year of success while your revenue sports are struggling and call him a success ?  God, the sh!t is deep at YSU.

No as usual you are the BS, with out doing any homework. Strollo invested money on scholarships and facilities ...the success was quick to follow. All you think he has to do is sit there and hire coaches, that is a minor part of his job. It just happens to have major impact. His job is primarily money, followed by funds, followed by cash. Look at our campus today & what it was when he arrived. You just like to read yourself in print. The MAC & most other schools laughed at us under Tressel ..they do not laugh anymore. Strollo gets us better facilities, better athletes, better coaches, better conference, better equipment, better housing ...all of the things that a real AD is supposed to do.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 05:11:12 PM »
Yes Strollo invested money like any other AD would have done.  But where are the wins for YSU sports teams.
Take the blinders off everyone our ath. dept is not good.   Everyone I know who followed YSU doesn't anymore.  Look at the attendance, look at the wins and losses.   Excuses, excuses, excuses

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »
You know your AD sucks when he is credited for facility upgrades.  Every school upgrades facilities.  SDSU is building a new FB stadium.  The JMU is unrecognizable to my wife who is an alumni.

WATTS is a facility upgrade courtesy of a former AD (our last competent AD), BTW. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »
Amen Penguin Nation

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »
Wow, even a thread about UNI basketball turns into a Strollo hate fest.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
Nation and Pride you are both full of it. We have zero money & look the return we get (From Strollo) for our investment. Strollo does an unbelievable job ...simply unbelievable. Don't compare us to SDSU, the top school in the state. Need I remind you that Ohio's top school sells out 110,000 seats every week? Or JMU, with much more that we can ever hope to have in terms of location, education , sports and everything else. Compare YSU to other Ohio rust belt institutions ...Akron, Kent and Cleveland State (the latter is a even a stretch as they have the draw of the state's 3rd-largest city ...yet they still dropped football). You just cannot be happy about anything.

I tailgate every year & every year YSU changes (for the better) ...literally every single year. For God's sake ..we are 35 years away from playing in a high-school stadium. JMU has had the same stadium since they began football back in 1972 ...with only 2 major upgrades & ours is still superior. I get tired of your people's crap. Unlike some of you, most people enjoy YSU. You come on this board, trash the program ...then complain because students do not show up for the games? That is not normal.

I am excited to go to every game in any sport any time I can. I graduated from High School 30-years ago & have not been back since. When I am back at my parents I occasionally look at the score of their games. I graduated from YSU 25-years ago and I never miss anything. I have been in the Penguin club since before I even started at YSU. We have 4-seats in Stambaugh stadium and no one else has EVER had those seats. We bought them (yes bought) back in 1980, when Narduzzi offered faculty and staff a chance to have a lifetime seat ...you know, like a major institution. I watch every game that I possibly can. Slocum takes us to a post-season tourney what do you say about it? Not one positive thing.

We build WATTS, we are actually ahead of other institutions ...yet, outside of the participants, I am one of about 200 people at the opening event ...many of which were media and I drove 190 miles to get there. Some of you could have made it in 10-minutes. Look at all the morons that became complacent and stopped showing up when Tressel was winning. Oh poor babies ...I did not realize winning national titles was so boring. What you would not give to be so bored now? How many of you were in the blizzards the last two seasons hoping for one more win in football? I was. No it is just easier to sit here and play arm-chair QB, coach and AD. Well then use your arm chair more wisely. If we lose to SMS, why the heck would I want to play Montana State? You may be playing arm chair AD's ...but you are pretty lousy at it. I want to win. If it is the Ohio school for the blind ...then schedule them.

People this board used to talk about players, what they needed to do to improve, or what they did right. Or an injury and how it was going to impact us. We have more players contributing significant numbers in MBB that ever in Slocum's tenure. I am as upset as you are about the losses, but at least I see this contribution.

If you love UNI ...move to Iowa
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:37:42 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
Freedom of speech 1aa.  Oh by the way I attend all football games for years and donate to the university so shut your pie hole buddy.   Just want a WINNING program.   Don't see that happening.   I guess playing Wilbeforce gets us no money but your successful AD refuses to schedule money games to generate money YOU think we need to beat UIC and Kennessaw St.   Good night and enjoy the next year with Slocum. maybe just maybe I will see you at a Penguin Club function and we can have tea

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »
No it is not free speech. It requires some self-control. There is no such thing as free speech. you know I will enjoy it, despite people who cannot. Also, I have been to many PC functions and do not remember tea being served (at least hot tea). If you are in PC, then you know that is it mostly common people that are in it & especially those that show up. I will be at the pc spring tailgate ...will be some iced tea, chilli, hot dogs and chips. I understand they are going to bring back the upper tailgate lot and coach Pelini will make an appearance ...should be fun.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:59:57 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »
One more post like that Paladin & you are gone. You are only back on here because I listened to a few misguided people. I have never read a more arrogant, unknowing, pampas windbag in my life. Look at all the good posters that are gone because of my decision. Do us all a favor and join them. Better yet, make another post like that ...it won't take long.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
1AA--

True Story.  One night years ago my mother called me and despondently said, "They just renewed Heacock's contract."  She spoke of it as if she were telling me about JFK's assassination or the Challenger disaster....and she is not one for hyperbole.

Most reasonable people get it.  Most reasonable people understand the consequences of the AD's ineptitude.  For those of us who get it, it doesn't mean we don't love the University.  In fact, it means we give a sh-- and want it to succeed. 

Where were you when you heard the shocking and horrific news of Heacock's contract renewal?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »
which one? I was against the first, in favor of the second and against his resignation. I was also against the hiring of Wolford, but continued to support my team. Beside you never show us anything to prove you care about the team. You know as well as I do that if MBB had won 30-games this year, but collapsed in the first-round of the HL tourney ...you would be calling for his head. The reason for my post is because anyone can say they are a fan, but being a fan is a different story.

BTW Pride: It is not as if you are Paladin. you make great contributions to the board. However, if you are in PC, they why do you not talk to Ron Strollo about your concerns? I have never seen him shy away or refuse a straight-up answer to anyone. That is how you get things done. He is the most available AD that you will ever meet.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
"JMU has had the same stadium since they began football back in 1972 ...with only 2 major upgrades & ours is still superior. I get tired of your people's crap."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgeforth_Stadium_and_Zane_Showker_Field

http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5750&path=

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/project-37.html

1AA--

I was speaking of the JMU campus as a whole, which has undergone massive expansion and renovation.  I do understand why on a sports forum you would think I was specifically speaking of athletics upgrades.  Well, they definitely have those too.  The renovations to Bridgeforth stadium are considerable, as the stadium was partially demolished recently and a new larger section was built increasing seating capacity to nearly 25K.

I brought this topic up only to illustrate that ALL schools upgrade facilities, and claiming that Strollo is somehow competent because of facility upgrades is outlandish.

IMO, a true fan helps their team by both cheering the good things, and also advocating for improvement.  Right now, YSU's success is limited by an underachieving MBB HC and a terrible AD who has sabotaged the University's revenue stream through mismanagement of the revenue generating sports.  The fact that he still holds that position is mind boggling. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 11:04:09 AM »
The average fan doesn't give a crap about Olympic sports. Plain and simple. MBB and Football are the money makers. Get them back on track asap or YSU is in trouble.