Author Topic: Spring Ball  (Read 16888 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Ball
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 06:36:35 PM »
Am I the only one who is wishing for a Saturday afternoon game with tailgating.

+1

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
Am I the only one who is interested who else transfers in to join the program after their respective spring balls ? (Brionte Dunn for example)

won't see any of those until fall. They need to finish out the academic year where they currently are.

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »
I haven't seen a practice schedule yet..anyone know if its open to the fans?!    I know wolf quit allowing us.. Go Guins

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 06:04:05 PM »
Practice this week will be held on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at Stambaugh stadium weather permitting. It will be open to the public and media with the annual Red/White game set for April 17th. However I'm not sure on the starting time for the scheduled practices

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
Some more names on the roster....

Ivan-Adu-Poku from Boardman HS. Track speed star. Listed at WR.

Lee Wright, a LB transfer from Appalachian State. Redshirted last yr with the team.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »

I'm not a tailgater, but the idea of sitting in the sun instead of enduring the evening cold has lots of appeal.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »
Cole Newsome will be the new center this year. Everybody else is back on the line. Dylan Colucci is out with a shoulder injury so Matt Bell took his spot.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »
Some nice video of spring ball practice #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5USFF4zkuKM

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
No--I would go if it was on Saturday afternoons again and if they had tailgating that would be even more incentive to go.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »
I got a chance to take in the Saturday practice. The overall excitement and energy level was much greater under Bo and his staff. The secondary looks very talented and will be much better then last years group. I would consider moving Avery Moss to the inside considering the lack of depth on the D-line and the strong play of Williams and Rivers on the outside. Offensively Williams and Stubbs will be the number 1 and 2 recievers. I would consider having Joey Webb play a bigger role as the possible 3rd Reciever. He has a very good set of hands and can do many of the same things as Stubbs, plus that would get Moore and Hymes more touches. Wells has definitely   picked up where he left off and appears much bigger and stronger and really has good command of the offense. Davis looks very much smoother then last year and has more confidence in his decision making and the overall feel for Montgomery's complicated offense. As a whole there is experience at just about every position. Special teams is obviously a concern in the early going..Joey Cejudo will be missed I believe   

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:29 AM »
Good to hear! I think Moss will be a big X-Factor for us this season.