Author Topic: In Game thread: Guins vs Owls  (Read 3581 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
In Game thread: Guins vs Owls
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
Anyone watching this game? This Kenesaw State does nothing but runs screens all game. Very poor, but working against us. Two things for you basketball guys to explain:

1. KSU players always drag their foot ...in effect tripping our player. Not too many fouls being called.

2. Can a player using a screen cross the person, setting the screen, multiple times?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:07:43 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: In Game thread: Guins vs Owls
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
How about this embarrassment of a game. The only time the Owls have scored more than against us was against non-DI competition. We have no pressure or hustle of any kind. We stand there and wait for balls to go out of bounds, while the KSU players just come in, scoop them up and score. We have never figured out that this is not a lazy Horizon team.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »
1. If the refs dont call it, its not a foul ;D

2.  As long as the screener remains stationary the person with the ball can manipulate the situation however they can, Jordan was known for this, part of the Triangle offense, exploits what a coach thinks are athletic mismatches.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
wow, we were not ready at all
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »
Typical Slocum. But hey, I'm just beating a dead horse.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 01:04:31 AM »
I went to the game. I never saw such a poorly attended YSU MBB game. How far the program has fallen. If Bobby Hain gets injured they are screwed way worse than they are already.

On a brighter note, the scoreboard and the upgrades to Beeghley are very nice.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
Anybody see this comment from Slocum???

“That’s as bad as a loss as I’ve had since I’ve been here,” he said. “This group has been distant the past 10 days of practice. We haven’t practiced hard or practiced well. And when you do those things, these kinds of things happen."

What a joke! Get this guy out of here. This program is so non existent. How do you not even get your players ready to go for practice? Strollo needs to do the right thing here.....

Spiderlegs

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 10:47:03 AM »

“That’s as bad as a loss as I’ve had since I’ve been here,” he said. “This group has been distant the past 10 days of practice. We haven’t practiced hard or practiced well. And when you do those things, these kinds of things happen."

Of course it's the players' fault. :(

Was Tressel on hand to witness this?  He sometimes shows up.  He even shows up for the women.