Author Topic: Assistant Coaches  (Read 120657 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coaches
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 07:25:20 PM »
So coach Carter has been let go? BIG MISTAKE

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
Well, that's disappointing to see Montgomery will be back for another year.... Back to scoring 60 on Butler and getting shutout in 2nd halves of all conference games.... Sigh.
Not sure if Montgomery stays on as OC.

Then Krispinsky is wrong? Or coaching another position?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM »
Well, that's disappointing to see Montgomery will be back for another year.... Back to scoring 60 on Butler and getting shutout in 2nd halves of all conference games.... Sigh.

I mean as a position coach. We will know more in next week.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »

I liked him as well.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »

I mean as a position coach. We will know more in next week.

Not likely to drop to position coach, unless he has some unfinished business in town. I know he interviewed for an out-of-town position job that I would never turn down. In fact, I thought he took it, so this news to me.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
If it's true, then Pelini is keeping some local Ytown boys and aQB coach to keep his QB happy. Do not see anything smart about keeping Stoops or Zordich but Montgomery depends on how used.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
If it's true, then Pelini is keeping some local Ytown boys and aQB coach to keep his QB happy. Do not see anything smart about keeping Stoops or Zordich but Montgomery depends on how used.

I was thinking the same thing. Only reason Montgomery stays is to keep his golden boy Wells happy.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. Only reason Montgomery stays is to keep his golden boy Wells happy.

I have a hard time believing that any one player (in this case Wells) has that much power over Pelini's coaching decisions. Quite the opposite, I think Wells will have to defend his position next year against Davis.  (No disrespect intended to Wells, it's just a new coach, new system. Davis has embraced the change; Wells is mumbling and probably should go somewhere else if he thinks he is the future of YSU football.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:57:45 PM by Spiderlegs »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 11:50:09 PM »

I have a hard time believing that any one player (in this case Wells) has that much power over Pelini's coaching decisions. Quite the opposite, I think Wells will have to defend his position next year against Davis.  (No disrespect intended to Wells, it's just a new coach, new system. Davis has embraced the change; Wells is mumbling and probably should go somewhere else if he thinks he is the future of YSU football.)

I agree with that. Just saying, Montgomery thinks Wells is some stud prodigy like his new Big Ben. I've been on the Ricky Davis bandwagon all year.

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 02:01:02 AM »

He was only planning on staying a year or two max. He was hoping for a Head Coaching job after Louisville, but did not get it. Due to that I see him being a HC on the 1AA level next year.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:40 AM »
Everyone should know by now it's coach Bo's way or the highway. He wasn't hired to run a daycare! To think that Montgomery was retained just to keep Wells from transferring is funny. Coach P is high on Monty as a coach and Wells as a player that I do know!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2015, 08:58:48 AM »
I was checking Wells tweets and he had a made the comment that he can't wait to start spring ball.  I cant wait was well!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »

I have never understood your animosity toward Montgomery.  On the radio several years ago, Wolford was asked who made the final decision on what play to call.  He responded that he did.  I distinctly remember this because it came at a time when the offense was performing at a high level and I thought that this arrogant coach won't even give his assistants proper credit.  Now assuming this is true (Wolford said a lot of things), does not Wolford shoulder most of the blame for the second half meltdowns?  If these rumors are true and Pelini is happy with Montgomery, so am I.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »

I have never understood your animosity toward Montgomery.  On the radio several years ago, Wolford was asked who made the final decision on what play to call.  He responded that he did.  I distinctly remember this because it came at a time when the offense was performing at a high level and I thought that this arrogant coach won't even give his assistants proper credit.  Now assuming this is true (Wolford said a lot of things), does not Wolford shoulder most of the blame for the second half meltdowns?  If these rumors are true and Pelini is happy with Montgomery, so am I.

Wick,

If that is true, then I don't have a problem with Montgomery staying, if offered.  Now, if Montgomery had last say so on play calling and in-game adjustments, then he needs to go as well.

You make a great point btw.  I never thought about that.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
Wolford did not have the last say on play calling. Maybe on a 4th down or out of a timeout, but for the most part, Montgomery calls the plays... And when you get shut out in half of league games in the 2nd half, that's a problem. This will not change as long as he's here.