Author Topic: Strollo, Tressel just made Penguin Football revelant again!  (Read 7888 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Strollo, Tressel just made Penguin Football revelant again!
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »
Whether or not Pelini can get this program back on track time will tell.  I don't care what the National Media says. How can you bet against Tressel on this.  I don't care what Pally says if u can coach u can coach doesn't matter.  Bo has won on every level.  He is a credible hire and on top of that he wants to be here.  Tress was ridiculed when he was hired at Ohio  St. and you know what happened there😄😄😄.  This is a great day for YSU and and the State of Youngstown. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Strollo, Tressel just made Penguin Football revelant again!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
I know that there are several on this board, yes you know who you are, that this hire must really frustrate. Fact is that your Darth Vader aka Ron Strollo just pulled off a major coup. I was not a fan of Strollo for years but I am not blind, and it is obvious that he is doing a good job.

Only time will tell if Bo gets the job done but what is important is that Strollo and JT, yea the guy a lot of folks said would "Never" come back to YSU, did one heck of a job getting this done.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »
Another cheerleader heard from ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

God, this place is funny as he11

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »
You guys should lay off our friend Paladin.  He has had a very bad day.  There is now a better than even chance that the football program will be resurrected.  Nothing in life would make him more miserable.  So again, lay off.  Have some consideration.  His hate-filled world is crumbling.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »
You guys should lay off our friend Paladin.  He has had a very bad day.  There is now a better than even chance that the football program will be resurrected.  Nothing in life would make him more miserable.  So again, lay off.  Have some consideration.  His hate-filled world is crumbling.

Great post Wick.   Busted me up

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »
I'm surprised he pulled it off. We are relevant again, national media attention proves that.

Can't recall seeing another FCS program changing coaches being mentioned on ESPN.

On the field results remain to be seen but I for one am looking forward to next season a great deal.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »
I know that there are several on this board, yes you know who you are, that this hire must really frustrate. Fact is that your Darth Vader aka Ron Strollo just pulled off a major coup. I was not a fan of Strollo for years but I am not blind, and it is obvious that he is doing a good job.

Only time will tell if Bo gets the job done but what is important is that Strollo and JT, yea the guy a lot of folks said would "Never" come back to YSU, did one heck of a job getting this done.

On a separate thread, no one answered the question on how much Strollo cost the University and community through neglect and ineptitude in his management of the top two revenue sports at YSU.

Tressel flew to Lincoln and played a significant role in the hiring of Pelini.  Pelini directly and specifically said that in the press conference.  Strollo taking credit for this is like me taking credit for my neighbor winning the lottery.

The Olympic sports are improved.  WBB is also improved and very exciting to follow.  Congratulations.  He is performing a minor portion of his job well.

Every AD overseas a budget and facility upgrades....those desperate excuses make my eyes roll....

As a lifelong YSU fan, I am stoked about the Pelini hire.....but when incompetent people like Strollo hurt the University I love.....it pisses me off.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »

On a separate thread, no one answered the question on how much Strollo cost the University and community through neglect and ineptitude in his management of the top two revenue sports at YSU.

Tressel flew to Lincoln and played a significant role in the hiring of Pelini.  Pelini directly and specifically said that in the press conference.  Strollo taking credit for this is like me taking credit for my neighbor winning the lottery.

The Olympic sports are improved.  WBB is also improved and very exciting to follow.  Congratulations.  He is performing a minor portion of his job well.

Every AD overseas a budget and facility upgrades....those desperate excuses make my eyes roll....

As a lifelong YSU fan, I am stoked about the Pelini hire.....but when incompetent people like Strollo hurt the University I love.....it pisses me off.

So let us agree to disagree and move on
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline grandpasknee

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »
Oh goodness.  You folks need to go visit Deadspin and see just what a classy coach you just hired.  Gads..is it to late to rescind your offer?  Good luck with PeePee Pelini....

http://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-calls-nebraska-ad-shawn-eichorst-a-cunt-and-1672429820?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadhttp://spin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 06:48:10 PM »
Oh goodness.  You folks need to go visit Deadspin and see just what a classy coach you just hired.  Gads..is it to late to rescind your offer?  Good luck with PeePee Pelini....

Yawn

Offline grandpasknee

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 06:53:44 PM »
Yawn?  Didn't realize the state of affairs was so bleak at YSU that welcoming a childlike, foul mouthed, hissy fit throwing, blame everyone but yourself malcontent as the new leader of the youth on your football team was the norm.  Oh, but sure...he'll be different there....lol. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »
No he will not be any different. However, I think he is also smart enough to know better than to burn bridges in his home town. I also think Youngstown does afford him a bit more slack.

kforbs126

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »
Yawn?  Didn't realize the state of affairs was so bleak at YSU that welcoming a childlike, foul mouthed, hissy fit throwing, blame everyone but yourself malcontent as the new leader of the youth on your football team was the norm.  Oh, but sure...he'll be different there....lol.

Get the f*ck out of here.